Well, D* is here now and they couldn't fix the caller ID. First, he tried swapping the phone line from the jack to the DVR. Then he tried using a DSL filter, Then he rebooted the unit. After that, the system test showed the phone line was working and he used the DVR to make a call to his cell phone. Then I tried calling the home phone and the caller ID display would still not pop up. He talked to his boss who said that it's AT&T's fault because they periodically "change the frequency" or something on their phone lines. Until AT&T tells D* about this change, the DVR won't work with caller ID. Sounds kind of fishy to me. So I gave up on that.
Now the tech is running new coax+messenger line from the dish to the ground block. Then he's going to have to run #10 wire to the water meter on the other side of the house. He was kind of annoyed that they put the dish on the opposite end of the house as where all the utilities enter. Seems strange, but that's the way the E* tech did it whenever the last owners had it installed. At least I'll have a properly grounded system.
Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Guest Message by DevFuse
Caller ID doesn't work, phone line has static
20 replies to this topic