Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Getting MRV and a new HD DVR tomorrow.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nevea2be

nevea2be

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

I called yesterday to see what they would offer me if I ordered another HD DVR and MRV and they gave me everything even the install for free. I just get a new two year commitment and have to pay 8 bucks more month, $5.00 for the DVR and $3.00 for the MRV. They're switching out the thing on my dish for the switch with just the one wire running from it and a new hd dvr and the whole room viewing setup. Been a customer since 2007 and was surprised at getting such a good deal.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:01 AM

A very good deal!

#3 OFFLINE   nevea2be

nevea2be

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:55 AM

What a great installer, very nice person and very professional! Did a wonderful job making all the wires and the connection nice and neat. Do they have a special phone number for people to call and give comments for their installers?

After he arrives I asked him if he had the new hr24 for me and sure enough he did! He also had another one so I asked is that in case my current receiver doesn't work with the MRV? He says yes and so my journey begins in explaining to him how my receiver is bad and how it'll need to be replaced ;) After he had them all hooked up and they where setting up I offered him 50 bucks to replace my bad receiver and he just laughed and said keep going, I told him if I keep going then I might as well just go out and buy a new one, he says laughing "yep". Well after he tried switching the white things in the back of the receiver and having them re download the MRV software he gets on the phone to his boss telling him what he has done and to see what he advised him to do next? Sure enough his boss asks what type of receiver it is and he tells him it's an HR20-100 and his boss tells him he has to replace it because it wont work with the MRV. He hangs up the phone and tells me "you are one lucky sob" I just laughed and asked if he wanted me to run out to the truck and get it for him? :D Well the new replacement receiver was setting up he says "why didn't you just tell me from the beginning that you wanted this receiver replaced? I could be home by now" . I laughed and told him not only would he be home right now but if he took me up on my offer he would be enjoying some take out food with his wife and kid on me. :)

So I got it a swm at the dish, two new HR24-200 receivers, MRV and all of it installed for free! I think it was a very good day for me :)

#4 OFFLINE   dpusa

dpusa

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

Good to hear.... I got the same deal. A new HD-DVR (HR24 for my HR21) and free installation inc. MRV and then a replacement HR24 for the one upstairs that would not work with MRV for some reason even though it was a HR21 too. 2 year agreement, but agree with you that two new HDDVRs, and free MRV install is nice ;)

#5 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

Go For It!!! :)
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#6 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

What a great installer, very nice person and very professional! Did a wonderful job making all the wires and the connection nice and neat. Do they have a special phone number for people to call and give comments for their installers?

After he arrives I asked him if he had the new hr24 for me and sure enough he did! He also had another one so I asked is that in case my current receiver doesn't work with the MRV? He says yes and so my journey begins in explaining to him how my receiver is bad and how it'll need to be replaced ;) After he had them all hooked up and they where setting up I offered him 50 bucks to replace my bad receiver and he just laughed and said keep going, I told him if I keep going then I might as well just go out and buy a new one, he says laughing "yep". Well after he tried switching the white things in the back of the receiver and having them re download the MRV software he gets on the phone to his boss telling him what he has done and to see what he advised him to do next? Sure enough his boss asks what type of receiver it is and he tells him it's an HR20-100 and his boss tells him he has to replace it because it wont work with the MRV. He hangs up the phone and tells me "you are one lucky sob" I just laughed and asked if he wanted me to run out to the truck and get it for him? :D Well the new replacement receiver was setting up he says "why didn't you just tell me from the beginning that you wanted this receiver replaced? I could be home by now" . I laughed and told him not only would he be home right now but if he took me up on my offer he would be enjoying some take out food with his wife and kid on me. :)

So I got it a swm at the dish, two new HR24-200 receivers, MRV and all of it installed for free! I think it was a very good day for me :)

You're lucky because neither the tech nor the boss knew what he was talking about.

#7 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

You're lucky because neither the tech nor the boss knew what he was talking about.

Yup. He probably wasn't powering the DECA with the SWM2 input.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#8 OFFLINE   nevea2be

nevea2be

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:36 AM

Yup. He probably wasn't powering the DECA with the SWM2 input.

- Merg

I'm going to say I think he was because he told me I needed to leave it plugged in order for it to work? I'm not sure, I know I got very lucky and I couldn't have asked for a better deal.

#9 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:31 AM

Did you give him a $50 Tip like I did to get my 2 HR24-500s with a SWM16, a SWM LNB??? I now have 7 DVRs with SWM/DECA and 13 Terabytes of Recording Capacity and 350 Series Links.

Can't beat it. Way To Go Directv!!! Now let's see that Nomad Thingy!!! :lol:
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#10 OFFLINE   nevea2be

nevea2be

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:25 AM

Did you give him a $50 Tip like I did to get my 2 HR24-500s with a SWM16, a SWM LNB??? I now have 7 DVRs with SWM/DECA and 13 Terabytes of Recording Capacity and 350 Series Links.

Can't beat it. Way To Go Directv!!! Now let's see that Nomad Thingy!!! :lol:

No I didn't tip him, but my offer was up to $50 for the one DVR in which he politely refused. So I did try and pay him :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...