Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Jeremiah on Showtime 4/19/02 - Spoiler!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gcutler

gcutler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 03:47 PM

So what did the other Jeremiah fans think of this episode. Very much an "Arc" episode. Valhalia Sector sounds more and more like a place not to be unless you are very much into Discipline :D

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 06:47 PM

I thought it was great - a very similar feeling to the first season B5 epsiode where we saw the first ones for the first time. This ep raised a whole slew of questions that I'm sure won't be answered anytime soon. And here I was thinking that valhalla sector were the good guys. Of course, this could come down to order vs chaos again. Who knows? That's what I love about Joe's writing.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 07:02 PM

I liked seeing the backstory about the mountain. And like Mark, I was very excited to see that JMS's style was very much alive and well. By the time we see what Valhalla sector is, they will be demonized but then when we see them for real (remember Jeremiah is going to get a free pass because of his father) they wont be all bad. There will be logic to their "evil" that we haven't seen.

I missed the first 15 minutes of the episode because Showtime doesn't know how to make and keep a schedule. I'll have to catch the replay to catch how the "old guy" got into the base.

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#4 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 07:55 PM

Replays on Showtime Beyond tonight at 10:45 ET (50 minutes from now). Yeah, the schedule was screwed up - started at 8:30 my time instead of 8:45...luckily I had set the tape to start at 8:30! I tape it off the showtime HD channel - that way I get it in widescreen on my copy - it's shown 16x9 upconverted on the HD channel.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#5 OFFLINE   gcutler

gcutler

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 21 April 2002 - 08:49 PM

I have had to add like 30 minutes to the end of the show and the beginning of the show just to make sure everything gets recorded. This is exactly why I have lost contact with other Showtime shows like "Beggars and Choosers", "Twilight Zone" and "Rude Awakening". But a PVR does make it easier???

Well Valhalia Sector has been demonized quite a bit, in the previous episode with them Burning down whole sections of towns. But as others have stated here, JMS loves to twist things on their heads, so I bet within 3 years we are all thinking that Valhalia Sector is the right way to go and "End of the World" was a silly idea????

ANd of course there has to be the Cryptic message with the freaky guy saying something like "I am your brother". Is Jeremiah's middle name "Valen" :grin: I wonder if any of us will figure it out before it is revealed.

#6 OFFLINE   superbura9

superbura9

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:59 PM

Replays on Showtime Beyond tonight at 10:45 ET (50 minutes from now). Yeah, the schedule was screwed up - started at 8:30 my time instead of 8:45...luckily I had set the tape to start at 8:30! I tape it off the showtime HD channel - that way I get it in widescreen on my copy - it's shown 16x9 upconverted on the HD channel.

Hi! Just shooting in the dark here, but I've searched the net extensively to get a hold of this show in widescreen. Living in Europe there is no chance of catching it on Showtime HD either and the dvd versions are all fullscreen chop & weep ratio. Would you be willing to sell dvd-r copies of your taped seasons if you still got them? Thanks! :gott:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...