Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20-100 Gray Screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Podkayne

Podkayne

Legend

• Registered
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

DVR runs fine for several days, then an occasional channel shows up as a gray screen, then more of them, then freezing video, then finally frozen DVR. Hard reset fixes the problem, then after about a week I must repeat the procedure.

I'd hate to lose this fine old DVR, since I've got over a TB of programming on the eSata drive that would go with it.

Suggestions...start with the BBC's and work out from there?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

Post your signal strengths before the problem and after the problem shows it's ugly head. And, what model is this DVR?
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

Post your signal strengths before the problem and after the problem shows it's ugly head. And, what model is this DVR?

I guess you didn't read the title of the thread?
HR34-700, HR22-100

#4 OFFLINE   Podkayne

Podkayne

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

After the problem arises the HR20-100 freezes tight. Before, all the signal strengths are adequate. I suspect the BBC's; but am open to other suggestions.

#5 OFFLINE   ColdCase

ColdCase

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

This is most likely the hard drive is on its way out, you should save your recorded programs off before you lose them. Hard drives don't last forever.

#6 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,556 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:33 PM

I guess you didn't read the title of the thread?

Sorry, I got lost in the details. :grin:

My HR20-100 has spontaneously rebooted twice since this thread started. This must have jinxed it. ;)
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

spam firewall