Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New firmware 0x131E d/l on R16-300

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,075 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:11 AM

Just a heads up folks;

A new NR firmware release 0x131E downloaded at least into the L.A. area early this morning.

Stated new features are that "DirecTV Cinema" and "Showroom" under the former "Top Movies Now" tab has been renamed and its contents moved to a new category called "New Movie Releases" and the same "Showroom" are under DirecTV Cinema ch. 1100.

Right now though when DirecTV Cinema is selected from the menu it just displays a message which says "1100 is currently not available." :confused:

Also "GameSearch" for automatic searching of alternate channels of blacked out sports events has been added.

Edited by HoTat2, 20 October 2010 - 04:20 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

R-15 500 received this morning too...same message...

#3 OFFLINE   denvertrakker

denvertrakker

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

Got it on my R15-300 overnight, too. According to my records this is the first update since 0x1274 over a year ago. Not like my R22, which has had EIGHT updates since 6/09!
Big TV/Two smaller TVs/Two DVRs and a box/Big grey dish facing south

#4 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:30 PM

Got it on my R15-300 overnight, too. According to my records this is the first update since 0x1274 over a year ago. Not like my R22, which has had EIGHT updates since 6/09!

Ha ha. Yeah, and the R15 is still much more stable and faster than the R22. I know, I have both.

I wish my R22 was just like my R15's. No stupid "posters" or other nonsense in the program guide. Quick response to remote commands. Reliable "prioritizer" recordings (my R22 somehow skipped "NCIS" last night even though it was set up as a "series recording"-but my trusty R15-300 recorded it).

131E is very reliable, solid software. Who knows, it may just be the last release for the R15/R16 series. I hope not.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#5 OFFLINE   eahmjh

eahmjh

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

why does D not work on getting the interface and remote to work FASTER FASTER FASTER. Ever since the last two update the receive is running SLOWER SLOWER and SLOWER. Do not want worthless features that are not used and make the DVR so slow it is useless.
HR20-700: HDMI 1080i to Sony KDL-46XBR2
HR21-100: HDMI 720p to Sylvania 6632LG
H21-200: HDMI 720P to Sony KDL-26L5000
Monster Power Center HTS-3600MKII
Sony STR-DG800: Optical to HR20
Bose 301, VSC-10, 161 speakers
Velodyne VRP1000 subwoofer
AT9 5 LNB; Zinwel WB-68 Mulitswitch

#6 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

why does D not work on getting the interface and remote to work FASTER FASTER FASTER. Ever since the last two update the receive is running SLOWER SLOWER and SLOWER. Do not want worthless features that are not used and make the DVR so slow it is useless.

On which receiver? The HD DVR's (and the R22 which really is the same thing) are so slow they remind me of dial up internet. Due to constant moaning, the R24 came out which (allegedly) is a bit faster. I can't verify this as I have no intention in the immediate future of upgrading to DirecTV HD since they don't offer HD free for life but do include frequent sound dropouts on their HD channels. :lol:

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#7 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 707 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:29 PM

Come on over...and see the differences......I have a variety including the HR24. With PIP on my TV you can see the difference.

I just compared an RBR between my HR22 and HR24. HR22 came in at over 9 minutes and the HR24 came in at 4min 26sec to live TV. Big improvements going on.

PM me if you'd like.

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#8 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

Come on over...and see the differences......I have a variety including the HR24. With PIP on my TV you can see the difference.

I just compared an RBR between my HR22 and HR24. HR22 came in at over 9 minutes and the HR24 came in at 4min 26sec to live TV. Big improvements going on.

PM me if you'd like.

Ha ha! Thanks for the offer but if I decide to pop for HD and commit to another 2 years with a satellite TV provider it's probably going to be DISH with free HD for life and much better deals. But things can change rapidly in the subscription TV area.

PS: DirecTV must be now using their HD feeds converted to SD for the local channels. I get those irksome audio dropouts all the time now (Milwaukee locals) and it really is a big incentive to say "bye-bye" to DirecTV. I even recorded the same shows on all of my DVR's to see if it was a receiver problem but nope-all dropped out at the same points. I don't know how the HD people put up with it at those prices! One more month on my commitment... ;)

#9 OFFLINE   denvertrakker

denvertrakker

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

Thomas, think twice - maybe three times - before going over to the dark side with Dish. I switched from them to DirecTV two years ago and never looked back. If you think you had hassles and goofups before, E* will have you gnashing your teeth and planning a trip to Colorado to beat those people over the head.

I'm just sayin'.
Big TV/Two smaller TVs/Two DVRs and a box/Big grey dish facing south

Protected By... spam firewall...And...