Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recording on both HDDVR's in home

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kycharmer

kycharmer

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

I have two DVR's and the Whole Home service.

My fiance was told both DVR's could record 2 programs, but every time I hit record for the DVR labeled "Bedroom" it says program is recording on DVR labeled "Living".

1. How do I get my "Bedroom" DVR to record there and not on the "Living" DVR?

2. When I fix this, because I know someone has an answer for me :D...will this allow us to record 4 programs at the same time?

Any help would be appreciated...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,913 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

A DVR can't tell another DVR to record on it.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:44 PM

Are you sure that you have 2 HD-DVR's? If you have a HD receiver and a DVR and select to record on the receiver it will prompt you to select which DVR to record it on. If you have 2 DVR's, as sigma stated, asking the DVR to record will only record on that DVR.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#4 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,565 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

1. How do I get my "Bedroom" DVR to record there and not on the "Living" DVR?

I'd start by making sure that the "Living" DVR isn't set to record the program. That would, in theory, address the complaint that you're getting.

2. When I fix this, because I know someone has an answer for me :D...will this allow us to record 4 programs at the same time?

As long as all four programs are different (or don't already exist on one of the DVRs), apparently.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

Please post the model numbers of your 2 dvrs....this really sounds like you have an HR2 something in one room and an H2 something in another room, HR models are HD DVR's, H models are strictly HD receivers, they can't record at all, but with WHole Home MRV, they can be used to schedule a recording on any other HD DVR's you have if configured. If you have multiple HD DVR's, currently they can only schedule recordings for themselves, not any other HD DVR's hooked up to your setup.

spam firewall