Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Subscriber with a question

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Houston Eric

Houston Eric

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

I have a question about the NFL Red Zone. I apologize if this has been discussed, but I did a search and didn't see it. I am currently with Dish Network, but the issues with all my fox channels being removed has angered me (I have the sports pack with all the regional fox channels). I would like to switch to Directv if I can get the Red Zone without purchasing the Sunday Ticket. I have no desire to pay the $300 for the ticket, and I also have no desire to watch all those games. Is it possible to get the Red Zone channel without the Sunday Ticket? The $7 I pay for the Red Zone is a much greater value than the $300 for the Ticket.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:02 PM

I have a question about the NFL Red Zone. I apologize if this has been discussed, but I did a search and didn't see it. I am currently with Dish Network, but the issues with all my fox channels being removed has angered me (I have the sports pack with all the regional fox channels). I would like to switch to Directv if I can get the Red Zone without purchasing the Sunday Ticket. I have no desire to pay the $300 for the ticket, and I also have no desire to watch all those games. Is it possible to get the Red Zone channel without the Sunday Ticket? The $7 I pay for the Red Zone is a much greater value than the $300 for the Ticket.

It may be possible...especially if you let it be known that you will not switch from Dish Network to DirecTV without it.
DTV = Digital Television

#3 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,225 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:08 PM

Some people have been able to pull that off. I, on the other hand, are one of those that cannot get Red Zone by itself no matter how hard I've tried. :(

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#4 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:18 PM

As mentioned, its possible if you ask for it as part of the switch. Here is the thread where others have discussed how they received the stand alone Red Zone channel [link].
HR34-700, HR22-100

#5 OFFLINE   WingNut

WingNut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:39 PM

I ordered my service and it has yet to be installed. I'm currently on the phone with them and going to say I am thinking of cancelling the order because I just found out RedZone is not available without paying for the NFL Ticket.

Lets see if they bite.

#6 OFFLINE   WingNut

WingNut

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

The CSR claims that they are unable to add the RedZone channel to my order since it has not bee activated. She did say that I can call after it is installed/activated and they will add it for free.

I made her make a note on my account about this.

#7 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

The CSR claims that they are unable to add the RedZone channel to my order since it has not bee activated. She did say that I can call after it is installed/activated and they will add it for free.

I made her make a note on my account about this.

Then you should be all set. I'd recommend you call back right now, confirm that the note is in fact there, and then you'll be all set after the install.
DTV = Digital Television

#8 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:53 PM

Dude fox will be back sooner or later
wanna take a chance with directv giving u Red Zone without Sunday Ticket?
they are indian givers, give with one and and take with the other
when i called to cancel they gave me 3 months free no strings attached ,after 3 months i canceled and now they want me to pay for those 3 months

screw directv:nono2:

#9 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

when i called to cancel they gave me 3 months free no strings attached ,after 3 months i canceled and now they want me to pay for those 3 months

Sure they did...
DTV = Digital Television

#10 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

You may be right about FOX, but can you explain what method they gave you 3 mo's free? Was it a credit to offset your charges on each bill for 3 mo's? If so, did they come back and re-bill you for 3 mo's? I've never heard of simply getting 3 mo's free.

Edited by RACJ2, 20 October 2010 - 04:01 PM.

HR34-700, HR22-100

#11 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:09 PM

You may be right about FOX, but can you explain what method they gave you 3 mo's free? Was it a credit to offset your charges on each bill for 3 mo's? If so, did they come back and re-bill you for 3 mo's? I've never heard of simply getting 3 mo's free.

they gave me 3 months free to stay with them
after 3 months i canceled and now they want me to pay them for the 3 months
they re billed my credit card for 3mo's
very simple to understand

Edited by domingos35, 20 October 2010 - 05:10 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

Sure they did...

do u ever work?
its like u are here posting day and night
directv must pay u to post day and night :rolleyes:

#13 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:25 AM

Very simple to understand, but very hard to believe. Sounds to me like there is more to the story and we are getting the biased view of it.

Update: And after further review, there is. Even if its true, its like the fish story that gets bigger each time its told. So based on your post below [link], was it 2 or 3 mo's that you owed. Not to mention based on your other posts, you signed up with Dish in October and didn't cancel DIRECTV until Dec. So is it possible someone with a so called hardship didn't cancel and then didn't want to pay? Or maybe someone may not have returned equipment? Why don't you stick to the Dish forum, where people might actually believe or care about what you post.

Originally Posted by domingos35 View Post
i was a subscriber until december.'so i call to cancel due to financial hardship and lady i was talking on phone transfers me to the retaining department.some nice lady asks why i am canceling and i explain why.
she offers me 3 months of free programming( $115/month) to give me time to regain financial stability.she says that if after 3 months i still can't afford directv to just call back and cancel and i owe nothing.so after 2 months i call and cancel because its obvious things are not getting better.they cancel with the usual "sorry to lose you,come back someday blah blah".u are all set we will send u some boxes to send receivers back.i did and end of story.i kept checking my online account and for 3 months it showed $0 owed.all of a sudden i get a bill for $234 i am like what?so i go online and they now want me to pay back the 2 months credit that they willingly gave me.
so beware of the so called free months ,monthly discounts etc etc.

Edited by RACJ2, 21 October 2010 - 06:46 AM.

HR34-700, HR22-100

#14 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:48 AM

Very simple to understand, but very hard to believe. Sounds to me like there is more to the story and we are getting the biased view of it.

Update: And after further review, there is. Even if its true, its like the fish story that gets bigger each time its told. So based on your post below [link], was it 2 or 3 mo's that you owed. Not to mention based on your other posts, you signed up with Dish in October and didn't cancel DIRECTV until Dec. So is it possible someone with a so called hardship didn't cancel and then didn't want to pay? Or maybe someone may not have returned equipment? Why don't you stick to the Dish forum, where people might actually believe or care about what you post.

:lol:
DTV = Digital Television

#15 OFFLINE   Blankman2k5

Blankman2k5

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:49 PM

If you disconnected your account without being active for 60 days (paid) from when the credit was issued they reverse it...

#16 OFFLINE   sgd1201

sgd1201

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:33 AM

Now I get it.... domingos35, is just mad at Directv because of his own mishandling of his account, that is why he was attacking my negative experience with Dish.

spam firewall