Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

H20 updated to 0x4176 this morning

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   StuartMW

StuartMW

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

I just noticed a difference in a menu in my H20-100 so I checked and the firmware was updated to 0x4176 early this morning (10/20/2010). Anyone know anything about it?
DirecTV H20-100 receiver
Samsung LN40C530 HDTV
Samsung BD-C6800 Blu-ray player
Panasonic DMR-ES15 DVD recorder
Samsung HW-C450 soundbar
Auvio HD AM/FM radio tuner

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

This thread may give a hint!
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=185577
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   RANDYTINA2

RANDYTINA2

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

First time visitor. Looking for help in programming my unit for RV (roof mounted) use. I cannot get local channels. TV screen reads accross the top the proper channel that I am looking for but when I sellect that channel it is not what it says accross the top of the screen. EXAMPLE: Will show Dr. Phil Show when in fact the Church channel is on. Can you help or direct me to the correct site for assistance?

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

Are you within 100 miles of your home? If not, you may be out of your spot beam. Locals will only work correctly within a short distance from your home. If you require network stations with an RV, you need to register your RV with DirecTVs DNS department, and pay a little extra for the national beam of the big 4 networks.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#5 OFFLINE   RANDYTINA2

RANDYTINA2

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

I am only 6 miles from my home. Directv says that I must change my home from HD to SD in order to receive locals or purchase a Slim line Traveler Satelite or a Multi-satelite system.

#6 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

If you are using an H21 with a regular SD only satellite dish on your RV, just go into satellite setup, and switch it to 18" round/multiswitch for a dish type, and it should hide all the HD channels you wont be able to pick up with that dish. If you want HD channels, then DirecTv is correct, you will need a slimline multisat dish on a tripod outside your RV.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#7 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:07 PM

Or you could use an antenna...
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#8 OFFLINE   barryb

barryb

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

First time visitor. Looking for help in programming my unit for RV (roof mounted) use. I cannot get local channels. TV screen reads accross the top the proper channel that I am looking for but when I sellect that channel it is not what it says accross the top of the screen. EXAMPLE: Will show Dr. Phil Show when in fact the Church channel is on. Can you help or direct me to the correct site for assistance?

Welcome to DBSTalk!

You might like this link, and its a great place to post questions of this nature:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=178397
Barry
MY SETUP
You can usually find me helping out in the Quiet Room on Friday chat night.

#9 OFFLINE   RANDYTINA2

RANDYTINA2

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

Are you saying that will allow me to receive my locals (changing the Satellite set up) and will that correct the incorrect Titles across the top of the screen.

#10 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

That depends if your locals are on the 101 satellite or on 119, and what type dish you have on your RV.

spam firewall