Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Globecast World TV - Help finding quality signal
Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:49 PM
I also have circular dish which I am able to find good signal strength and quality on Galaxy 19. Circular dish is used for other satellite.
Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:29 AM
Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:57 PM
First thank you for reply! 100cm (w) 77cm (H) and dist center to LNB is 85. Package markings are 85 cm antenna. This is driving me crazy!
If it is similar to a DirecTv Slimline dish it is not tall enough. I have found that in Michigan you can use a 33 inch dish if you align it just right but a 36 inch dish works better.
Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:01 PM
Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:37 PM
* Line of site from different dish pole.
Anyone have any idea to why I cant find signal quality?
* Different dish offset (apparent elevation not the same as other dish's apparent elevation).
* LNB not at focal point.
Put your receiver on a strong transponder, then slowly move the dish left-right, up-down until you get a glimmer of a signal. Then move in. Good luck!
Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:19 PM