Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Globecast World TV - Help finding quality signal
Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:49 PM
I also have circular dish which I am able to find good signal strength and quality on Galaxy 19. Circular dish is used for other satellite.
Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:29 AM
Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:57 PM
First thank you for reply! 100cm (w) 77cm (H) and dist center to LNB is 85. Package markings are 85 cm antenna. This is driving me crazy!
If it is similar to a DirecTv Slimline dish it is not tall enough. I have found that in Michigan you can use a 33 inch dish if you align it just right but a 36 inch dish works better.
Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:01 PM
Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:37 PM
* Line of site from different dish pole.
Anyone have any idea to why I cant find signal quality?
* Different dish offset (apparent elevation not the same as other dish's apparent elevation).
* LNB not at focal point.
Put your receiver on a strong transponder, then slowly move the dish left-right, up-down until you get a glimmer of a signal. Then move in. Good luck!
Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:19 PM