Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Winamp for Android: Great music app, easy wireless syncing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:40 PM

Yep...your blast from the past is back......!
From Android Central:

I've never really gotten into playing music on my phone, for one reason or another. That ends today, with Nullsoft's Winamp hitting the Android Market in a beta version. That's right, the same Winamp that was my very first desktop player some 13 years ago (back when a 6-megabyte music file didn't seem to make any sense).

So what do we get here? A simple but powerful multimedia player, complete with widget and homescreen music controls. And, best of all, is the ability to add music to your phone over Wifi.

http://www.androidce...ireless-syncing
http://blog.winamp.c...id-now-in-beta/
For the desktop Winamp:http://forums.winamp...ad.php?t=322995

Definitely going to give the wifi synching a try.

Edited by BubblePuppy, 21 October 2010 - 02:15 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:59 PM

I'm going to have to see if I still have a llama. :lol:
Team Mexico Pork Cloud

#3 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

Installed Winamp on my laptop, went through the wifi syncing process with my Nexus1, and within a few minutes all my music from my laptop (in the office) was in my phone (in the living room). Very cool not having to plug the phone into the computer. The desktop version has graphic equalizer but the mobile doesn't, a feature I hope is added on soon.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...