Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Access Card Department

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nighthawk777

nighthawk777

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

Bought a HR20-700 off ebay, waited til I got it to hook it up to make sure it worked. I called and ordered a new access card, and I just got home and the card is here. I am wondering if I can activate it tonight or if I have to wait. Since it is owned, i have read on here you guys recommend going straight to the access card department to activate. So I was wondering what are their hours.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:20 PM

That is the only way to activate it properly, yes.

I think they close in about 40 min. Just call and if they are closed, you can always just politely end the call if they csr tells you the card department is closed and they can help you.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#3 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 510 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:26 PM

I believe you can activate at any time, 24hrs.

#4 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:47 PM

I believe you can activate at any time, 24hrs.

Not owned equipment, not properly anyway. You can have it turned on as leased and your commitment started, then dispute it with the access card dept tomorrow, but why not just wait?
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased

#5 OFFLINE   nighthawk777

nighthawk777

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:30 PM

I called the number listed on the sheet with the access card. The csr went thru the process told me since it was owned I would need to be transferred to the access card department. I got it activated right before the computers went down to update. I am glad I didn't have any trouble and that the csr knew the correct process.

But I had called them twice before, once to check the receiver id and then again to order an access card for it. Thanks for the help.

#6 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:32 PM

Good deal. It should now show up as "additional receiver" on your bill if it was turned on correctly.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased

#7 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:02 AM

I would call back and make sure that they have it Marked as "OWNED" in their sytem to make sure. They told me it was but it wasn't when I called back to verify it and I had to talk to 3 different CSRs to finally get it Marked as "OWNED".

The CSR had to check the previous owner's history and then record it in the notes and then connected me with the Access Card Department and had the CSR read the notes to finally Flag my DVR as Owned.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#8 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

I would call back and make sure that they have it Marked as "OWNED" in their sytem to make sure. They told me it was but it wasn't when I called back to verify it and I had to talk to 3 different CSRs to finally get it Marked as "OWNED".

The CSR had to check the previous owner's history and then record it in the notes and then connected me with the Access Card Department and had the CSR read the notes to finally Flag my DVR as Owned.

The reason you have to talk to three CSRs is because the CSRs don't know diddly about owned equipment, for the vast majority anyway.

For future readers:
When checking receiver IDs and activating owned equipment, always talk to the access card distribution team. Don't even waste your time with a CSR.
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased

spam firewall