Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Disable screen safe mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   GenTso

GenTso

Legend

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

I'm surprised there aren't more threads about this. I've searched for an answer and can only find the three dash (-) trick, which is only a temporary solution.

So here's the deal. I have NFLST and whenever I am watching the Game Mix channel and don't touch the remote for a few minutes, the screen dims and a message comes up saying, "Screen safe mode enabled, press dash (-) twice to disable" or something like that.

THIS IS NOT A FUNCTION OF THE TV.

I have a Sony, Samsung and Vizio. Each get the exact same message if on the Game Mix channel and left alone for more than 15 minutes.

I understand why this function is there, but I don't think the 6 hours I watch ST each week are going to screw up my TVs. I'm just getting sick of taking them out of safe mode every few minutes, especially when I'm working on something else and glancing up to watch the games every few minutes.

Is anyone aware of a way to PERMANENTLY disable this function? It's driving me nuts!
Samsung UNB46B6000 46" Edge-Lit LED LCD
Sony KDL463000 46" LCD Display
Sony 120GB PS3 Slim
HR24-500 D* HD DVR
HR23-700 D* HD DVR
H24-500 D* HD receiver
Sony HT-SS2000 A/V receiver
DVRs, PS3, Samsung TV networked to Linksys WRT54GL with dd-wrt firmware

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:30 PM

Nope, been asking for a disable function since they first came out.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:34 PM

There have been alot of us who want to be able to Disable that Function but it falls on Deaf Ears for some reason.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

spam firewall