Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Belkin Routers, TVApps and <301> Errors -- Oh My!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jceman

jceman

Legend

• Registered
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNorth of Daytona Intl. Speedway

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:24 PM

I have read all the threads that seem related to this set of entities while trying to restore the TV Apps functionality to my system after my old router died and getting a new Belkin, all to no avail. I did restarts, including the prescribed total cold boot, tried setting up Static IPs and port forwarding (even though the Belkin only lets you forward on one IP Address), no joy ever.

The other night while (almost) mindlessly perusing the DirecTV Tech Forums, I came across this gem -- another user had noticed in his Belkin router's log that each attempt to bring up TV Apps resulted in a UDP query to Port 1701 which was, of course, being blocked.

To cut to the chase, all I had to do was go into the router's setup page and forward Port 1701 for UDP on either my H24 or HR24, leave the Network Services selection on Automatic and voila! Network Services started and so did TV Apps. (I know there is no direct correlation between the two supposedly, but there you are.) It seems that the UDP port 1701 is universal for TV Apps so it matters not which STB's IP Address is placed in the forwarding setup.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spikeit

spikeit

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for the info, I tried your suggestion and now apps work fine.
I've been trying to get this to work since the last couple updates.
Thanks again...
Nothing runs like a DEERE......

#3 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:42 AM

works thanks

spam firewall