Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recording to external recorder?

sensitivity

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Registered
  • 257 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:21 AM

I thought I’d try recording to a DVD recorder which is connected to the DISH DVR’s TV1 A/V outputs, but I get no signal.

I went to Menu > Preference > Record Plus. The left side box is grayed out and indicates Activation: Enabled and Record Preference: TV2.

I went to the ERD Setup and changed the setting from Disable recordings to an external device to Enable recordings. But the Record Plus is still grayed out with Activation: Enabled and Record Preference: TV2.

Changing to dual mode allows me to change the Record Plus to TV1, but there still is no signal. And when I change back to single mode the Record Plus is grayed out again & reverts back to TV2.

1) Why does the Record Plus window indicate “Enabled” when ERD was at the default “Disabled” setting?

2) How do I Enable the TV1 A/V outputs?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

Record Plus can be changed in Dual mode, but Single mode doesn't allow you to enable/disable it because it will default to "the other output". Dual mode with Record Plus disabled means TV1 Remote sets timers for TV1 output and TV2 Remote sets its own timers (they just share the drive). It has nothing to do with ERD though. AV outputs should be hot without changing anything.

What is displayed on the TV if you connect the receiver's AV output to it? Both TV1 and TV2 AV outputs have "no signal"?

#3 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

You need to enable shared view in single mode, record plus has nothing to do with the issue.

Shared view in single mode turns on the TV2 output with TV1 programming, otherwise TV2 is blank in single mode.

In dual mode all outputs are always hot.

All outputs on TV1 should always be active, if they are not, there is a problem with the receiver.

The TV1 output on my 722k in dual mode is often used to connect to my DVD recorder and it is always hot.

Record plus on or off does not change the outputs, only shared view in single mode.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#4 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 257 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:01 AM

I found the problem, it's the composite input on the rear of my DVDR. Previously I used the S-video input with a Comcast DVR and it always worked.

My other DVDR's rear composite did not work either, until I unplugged the S-video cable. It appears plugging in an S-video cable automatically disables the composite jack. I tried & this happens on both the front & rear video line inputs. However I cannot find anything about this in the manual. I never had a problem before, but then I always used S-video. Anyway the one DVDR's composite input just does not work no matter what I do so I'll just use the front input when needed.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...