Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

upgrade to 722k?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   ssatel

ssatel

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

Can someone please help me with upgrade from 722 to 722k? I want the dual OTA tuner.

I am currently "leasing" the 722 based on 2 year committment, which ended over a year ago. When I called Dish and asked about an upgrade to the 722k, they say that there is no mechanism to do so, and the only alternative is for me to purchase a 722k.

Are there other options? Is it necessary for me to cancel and restart service, or should I be able to get them to agree to another "lease" and 2 year committment? It is hard to get a handle on the delays and costs involved, and Dish is not very forthcoming with such details. Also, what happens if my current 722 dies? Am I faced with the same options?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,764 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:55 PM

Make it 'dead', get a replacement, bribe your installer ... :D

#43 OFFLINE   ssatel

ssatel

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

What language is needed to get a replacement? I do not participate in the protection plan.

#44 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

Can someone please help me with upgrade from 722 to 722k? I want the dual OTA tuner.

I am currently "leasing" the 722 based on 2 year committment, which ended over a year ago. When I called Dish and asked about an upgrade to the 722k, they say that there is no mechanism to do so, and the only alternative is for me to purchase a 722k.

Are there other options? Is it necessary for me to cancel and restart service, or should I be able to get them to agree to another "lease" and 2 year committment? It is hard to get a handle on the delays and costs involved, and Dish is not very forthcoming with such details. Also, what happens if my current 722 dies? Am I faced with the same options?

Never settle for just one answer,escalate the question,in other words ask to speak to Dish's Loyalty Department.If their answer isn't satisfactory to you,then you would need to purchase the receiver,or sign up for DirecTV,and if you have to leave be sure to tell them why your leaving DISH.Good Luck!:)

#45 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,764 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

What language is needed to get a replacement? I do not participate in the protection plan.

Read/search here - there are many posts/thread where ppl describing symptoms of dying/dead hard drive.

spam firewall