Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"My Setup" links blocked?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bsprague

bsprague

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:12 AM

I would enjoy seeing the results of the "My Setup" links.

So far, all I get is the error message that reads:
"bsprague, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Apparently I need to belong to the "Cutting Edge". I don't feel capable of contributing to that elite group nor do I know how to join.

Is there a way to see the setups offered in those links?

Thanks.

Bill, a DirecTV customer since 1999
--Condo: Slimline AU9, HR21-100 > Panasonic 42” Plasma with Bose CineMate, HR24-200> Sony KDL-55HX800 LED & 3D with Sony Soundbar HT-CT150, Wii
--Motorhome: 2004 40' Beaver, ISC 350 Cummins, KVH R5 - in motion, R15-500 > 30" Sharp Aquos LCD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   redsoxfan26

redsoxfan26

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWest Warwick, RI

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

You can opt in without contributing. I'm just a lurker there as I just want to keep up on the latest info with all things DIRECTV related. Here is a link to a thread you should read.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=159349

And you should also read this.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=159408

#3 OFFLINE   FHSPSU67

FHSPSU67

CE'er & Retired Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,416 posts
  • LocationWindber, PA

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:56 PM

Apparently I need to belong to the "Cutting Edge". I don't feel capable of contributing to that elite group nor do I know how to join.

Is there a way to see the setups offered in those links?

Thanks.

Anyone with your apparent humility is entirely welcome! And many of us started out feeling "unqualified" when we first started CEing. Please do as Redsoxfan says, and join up!
Fred
DIRECTV since November 1995
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" A.Einstein

#4 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,098 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

If you promise not to tell anyone I'll let you in on a secret....

I am not qualified either. :) Really it is a great group of people, and nobody will force you to do anything.

Read the rules, follow them closely and all will be good.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#5 OFFLINE   bsprague

bsprague

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

I read all the rules and promise to be good. Then I joined the CE! Next I will figure out how to do the link for my stuff.

Bill, a DirecTV customer since 1999
--Condo: Slimline AU9, HR21-100 > Panasonic 42” Plasma with Bose CineMate, HR24-200> Sony KDL-55HX800 LED & 3D with Sony Soundbar HT-CT150, Wii
--Motorhome: 2004 40' Beaver, ISC 350 Cummins, KVH R5 - in motion, R15-500 > 30" Sharp Aquos LCD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...