Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Canceling Dish...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Notifier

Notifier

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:23 PM

Going to cancel my service with dish. No longer in any contract so not worried about that. My question is, my current bill for the period of 11/3-12/2 is due and I have not paid it yet (due tomorrow actually). Should I pay this bill tonight in full and wit to cancel or call tonight to cancel and try to get the 4 days, I have not paid for yet, prorated? In all honesty, I don't feel like paying the full amount and turning off the service tonight. If they won't prorate it, I"ll wait until the end of the month to call and cancel even though I won't be using their equipment.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

dishTV has a set procedure for all this stuff, call...tell them what's up and everything will be fine.....
Thank you and
Best of luck

#3 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

... If they won't prorate it, I"ll wait until the end of the month to call and cancel even though I won't be using their equipment.

lol Why? :rolleyes:

They send out their signals via satellite to like the whole country. Are you trying to cost them money by not canceling until just before the end of your commitment? Incredible. :nono2:

Edited by SaltiDawg, 11 November 2010 - 05:23 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   PostItNote

PostItNote

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

lol Why? :rolleyes:

They send out their signals ia satellite to like the whole country. Are you trying to cost them money by not canceling until just before the end of your commitment? Incredible. :nono2:

If they won't prorate it and charge him an entire month, why wouldn't he keep it until then?

#5 OFFLINE   CoolGui

CoolGui

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

It doesn't really matter, they will prorate it. If you aren't in a contract they can't make you pay for time not used. I'm pretty sure that is the case. And since you aren't worried about them shutting it off, you could just wait till they send you a final bill instead of paying the one due. Otherwise they would send a check with the remainder they owed you.

DirecTV - Slimline-3S (SWM) - Premiere + HD + MRV + HD Extra
Living Room : HR24/200 - Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma - Onkyo TX-SR606B Audio Receiver - PS3 80GB - Wii - Slingbox Classic
Bed Room : H24/200 - LG 32LD450 32" LCD - Xbox 360S 250GB

#6 OFFLINE   dish_n3t

dish_n3t

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

They do prorate the bill.

#7 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:27 PM

If they won't prorate it and charge him an entire month, why wouldn't he keep it until then?

Doh. Because he said, "even though I won't be using their equipment."

You're as petulant as he. :rolleyes:

#8 OFFLINE   CoolGui

CoolGui

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

I just called in and cancelled dish last night and they said they would send me the boxes for the equipment. But I am almost sure I heard the woman say that I was expected to return the LNB. Is this correct? Did they tell you to do the same?

Living Room : HR24/200 - Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma - Onkyo TX-SR606B Audio Receiver - PS3 80GB - Wii - Slingbox Classic

#9 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:03 AM

I just called in and cancelled dish last night and they said they would send me the boxes for the equipment. But I am almost sure I heard the woman say that I was expected to return the LNB. Is this correct? Did they tell you to do the same?

If you call back and say that the LNB is unreachable in a reasonable way (that can be a lie of the phone to the CSR), then they will let you keep the LNB.

#10 OFFLINE   CoolGui

CoolGui

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:04 AM

If you call back and say that the LNB is unreachable in a reasonable way (that can be a lie of the phone to the CSR), then they will let you keep the LNB.

I don't really care to keep it honestly, but I don't want to climb on the roof to retrieve it either. I will give that a try. Thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...