Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Lost local HD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   djwww98

djwww98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

I've had HD locals for a couple years now from Portland, OR market. I am in Union county (eastern Oregon). Yesterday, out of the blue, no more HD locals. SD is there but HD version is gone from the guide and can't be tuned in. Called Dirctv. CSR says we don't get HD locals in my zip code. Uhh, yes we do. I have been getting them for a long time. I know what HD is and I got it. It was in the guide. I could select the guide to show SD and HD version and I could watch all 4 networks in HD if I chose. Now, HD is not in the guide. She said something about satallites may have moved or something, but they don't list that zip having HD. I still get all other HD. Slimline 5 lnb dish. HR20-700. I've rebooted, refreshed, rerun satallite setup. All signal strengths are same as they were before. Anybody know what's up with this situation. It makes no sense.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   doctor j

doctor j

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,425 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Al.

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

Unfortunately see this:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=186199

Doctor j

MFH-2 System : 2 Major Viewing Areas. 2 x HR20-700's & H21 in each area via E2/SWM-8. Hardwire gigabit switch to 30 mb/sec internet.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...