Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Thursday Night Football on NFL Network

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

Is tonights game in Dolby Digital 5.1? DD is not coming through for me on nfln but it does come through on any other channel.
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

No...they decided there were still issues needing to be worked out. It is really pathetic at this point that they can't get it together.
DTV = Digital Television

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

What type of issues...? Also they need to keep the scoreboard on the screen. That would help.
Kevin

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

What type of issues...? Also they need to keep the scoreboard on the screen. That would help.

http://www.avsforum....d.php?t=1289325
DTV = Digital Television

#5 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,841 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

http://www.avsforum....d.php?t=1289325

Dang, I thought people b**ched & moaned a lot here. They're about to blow a gasket over there. :lol:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#6 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:18 AM

Dang, I thought people b**ched & moaned a lot here. They're about to blow a gasket over there. :lol:

:D

#7 OFFLINE   ATARI

ATARI

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:23 AM

I actually clicked the link and read the replies, and I wish to change grin to an OMG!!

People complaining on that board about camera angles and jaggies on the graphics and on and on.

I almost want to sign up an account over there and post "It's a football game!! Just sit back and try to enjoy it!"

#8 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:39 AM

Is there an Easy Way To Set Up An Autorecord for Thursday Night Football or Monday Night Football? I have to set up a Manual Recording and then after Football Season is over I have to Delete it and then the next year do it all over again.

Plus it says Manual Recording and Not "Monday Night Football" so I wish there was an Edit Feature so you could edit the name.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#9 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,282 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

Is there an Easy Way To Set Up An Autorecord for Thursday Night Football or Monday Night Football? I have to set up a Manual Recording and then after Football Season is over I have to Delete it and then the next year do it all over again.

Plus it says Manual Recording and Not "Monday Night Football" so I wish there was an Edit Feature so you could edit the name.

Off the top of my head:

FOOTBALL CCHANN 212 & Live Event

I know I have a search at home that only finds live games of football, college and NFL but I am at work and do not remember the logic. If I added CCHANN 212, it would restrict it to NFL Network live games (which would include any bowl games they do but those could be deleted from the todo list.

Same with Monday Night Football.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#10 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

Yes, with Monday Night Football I have a Manual Recording set up for that channel and that time slot but it would be nice if Directv would then let us Edit the Name of the Manual Recording so it stands out as a Football Game such as in renaming it "Monday Night Football" which used to be put into the Guide Data but is no longer kept that way.

I entered "AALL FOOTBALL CCHAN 212 LIVE EVENT" and I will monitor it next Thursday Night before the game starts to see if it works.

Thanks for the Help and Info.
Here's My Setup

#11 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,282 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

Yes, with Monday Night Football I have a Manual Recording set up for that channel and that time slot but it would be nice if Directv would then let us Edit the Name of the Manual Recording so it stands out as a Football Game such as in renaming it "Monday Night Football" which used to be put into the Guide Data but is no longer kept that way.

I entered "AALL FOOTBALL CCHAN 212 LIVE EVENT" and I will monitor it next Thursday Night before the game starts to see if it works.

Thanks for the Help and Info.

What does the search come back with when you run the search itself?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#12 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:37 PM

Well, I went back and Deleted that Smart Search and then Entered a new one as follows: AALL FOOTBALL CCHAN 212 LIVE EVENTS then hit the Red Button and Selected Sports and then Football as a Subcategory and it worked.

It brought up the "Bears and Dolphins" for 11/18/2010 so it worked.

I had put in EVENT and NOT EVENTS and AALL matches the words exactly.

Thank you Very Much for Your Help!!! :hurah:
Here's My Setup

#13 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:53 PM

Actually I got Lucky because I had a Series Link "AALL ATLANTA FALCONS LIVE EVENTS" with Sports and Football selected as categories and that Recorded the Game last night but now my Series Link for Thursday Night Football will GitRDone!!! :D

Thanks.
Here's My Setup

#14 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,282 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:07 PM

Well, I went back and Deleted that Smart Search and then Entered a new one as follows: AALL FOOTBALL CCHAN 212 LIVE EVENTS then hit the Red Button and Selected Sports and then Football as a Subcategory and it worked.

It brought up the "Bears and Dolphins" for 11/18/2010 so it worked.

I had put in EVENT and NOT EVENTS and AALL matches the words exactly.

Thank you Very Much for Your Help!!! :hurah:

You are welcome! Glad it worked.

#15 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

You are welcome! Glad it worked.

Me Too as I would have hated to have to do it Manually every week (probably forgetting on occasion).
Here's My Setup

#16 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:16 AM

I actually clicked the link and read the replies, and I wish to change grin to an OMG!!

People complaining on that board about camera angles and jaggies on the graphics and on and on.

I almost want to sign up an account over there and post "It's a football game!! Just sit back and try to enjoy it!"

It's the Audio/Video Science Forum. That's kind of the whole point.

#17 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:41 AM

Of course they are complaining. That broadcast was pathetic. A lack of DD 5.1 means I won't watch. No excuses at this point.
DTV = Digital Television

#18 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:53 AM

Of course they are complaining. That broadcast was pathetic. A lack of DD 5.1 means I won't watch. No excuses at this point.

+1
Kevin

My Setup

#19 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:00 AM

Yes, some people are too picky as I certainly don't see what they are seeing. Mine looks Great but maybe my expectations are lower or my Equipment is Better at Resolving whatever seems to be missing.

I do have a Problem with the Dolby Digital Audio Problem and wished they could fix that but if it switches over to Analog I can still live with that. I am doing some experimental testing to see just what I think causes this.

I think it is related to using FF and 30 Second Skip so I will continue to experiment to see just when my Denon loses the DD 5.1 Signal.
Here's My Setup

#20 OFFLINE   anleva

anleva

Icon

• Registered
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:20 AM

Agree with that and much of what they were saying in that discussion. Hated the graphic with the blue flash lighting across the bottom of the screen.

spam firewall