Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

3 free months of STARZ and HD PLATINUM when you use Auto-Pay.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_quietmouse_*

Guest_quietmouse_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

I got a call heute from Dish Network. The rep offered me 3 free months of
STARZ and HD Platinum for using auto-pay.(beening using auto-pay for
over a year) Apparently those who are not on auto-pay can get in on this
deal as well. :) Of course, I don't know if this is a YMMV thing.

The channels were activated after I hung up the phone.

Not a bad deal for doing absolutely nothing... :) (except 60 seconds
on the phone with the agent with a cute voice)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:36 PM

Do they auto-cancel after three months?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#3 OFFLINE   CoolGui

CoolGui

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:37 PM

Do they auto-cancel after three months?

They never do that do they? The whole point is they want you to keep it. I have seen other threads where people have said they've gotten them to auto-cancel it, but I am skeptical.

DirecTV - Slimline-3S (SWM) - Premiere + HD + MRV + HD Extra
Living Room : HR24/200 - Panasonic TH-50PX60U 50" Plasma - Onkyo TX-SR606B Audio Receiver - PS3 80GB - Wii - Slingbox Classic
Bed Room : H24/200 - LG 32LD450 32" LCD - Xbox 360S 250GB

#4 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:25 AM

They never do that do they? The whole point is they want you to keep it. I have seen other threads where people have said they've gotten them to auto-cancel it, but I am skeptical.

My wife has had nothing but problems with trying to cancel magazine subscriptions that used autopay. If Dish were to insist on autopay, that would be a deal breaker for me.

#5 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

They never do that do they?

Yes.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#6 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

Yes.

+1

(Sometimes yes, sometimes no. :) )

#7 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,477 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:51 AM

This is a really great Forum. I would not have known about this. Did an online chat that went as follows:

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.

(03) MKtech: How can I assist you today?
ME: A friend got a call that gave him free Starz and Platinum for 3 months as a autopay customer. Is that available for me?
(03) MKtech: I'll be glad to assist you with your concern. Let me just pull up the account.
(03) MKtech: What is your city of birth?
ME: Mine is Grass Valley California, my wife's is Lewistown, PA, I'm not sure which is on the account.
(03) MKtech: Thank you.
(03) MKtech: Please give me just 1-2 minutes while I check on that for you.
ME: OK
(03) MKtech: From what I see here, we can add the Starz free for 3 months as long as you will keep the automatic payment and paperless billing.
ME: That's perfect. Thank you.
(03) MKtech: You're welcome.
(03) MKtech: Do you want me to add it on the account?
ME: Yes.
(03) MKtech: Please give me 2-3 minutes while I update the account for you.
ME: OK
(03) MKtech: Thank you.
(03) MKtech: If Auto Pay with Paperless Billing is removed from your account, or service is disconnected, you may forfeit your free programming.
(03) MKtech: It will take effect with in 10-15 minutes.
(03) MKtech: You can also make programming changes in our automated phone system,online or using your remote just make sure there's a phoneline connected on the back of it.
(03) MKtech: It will automatically removed after it's 3rd month of service.
ME: Thank you again.
(03) MKtech: You're welcome.
(03) MKtech: Is there anything else that I can help you with?
ME: No, you've been a big help.
(03) MKtech: Thank you for chatting with Dishnetwork, have a great day!

Yes, I did not get the free Platinum, but I didn't expect them to give me anything as I just canceled Starz in July and I just got three free months of HBO & Showtime starting last January when I read about someone getting it here.

I had canceled Starz when after the new rates went into effect in June, our bill went over the limit I set. So now I can catch up with recording whatever movies we missed.

Yes, indeed, a great Forum.:D

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#8 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:49 PM

I really like how Dish allows you to save off and even have your chat session emailed to you. Any confusion at all, over anything, you simply point it out that you have your chat sessions saved off, and can refer back to it. Problem solved for people like my parents or for phrelin. Hey I was told it was removed at the end of 3 months, if for some reason they try to charge you in the 4th month, you simply point it out you have proof.
Last time I did one of these promo's was for HBO, and that promo ended at the end of 3months with no work on my part. Granted I was very clear that I wanted it to be removed at the end, and would call back in if I wanted to keep it.

Wish more companies would allow you to save off, or have your chat emailed to you.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...