Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv to Pay Cable costs?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   enigma96

enigma96

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:20 PM

I saw somewhere that Directv had a promo where it would be your cable costs if you cancelled your contract. But now I can't seem to find that anymore. Is this promo still around and if so how much do they cover?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:49 AM

You should call DirecTV and ask them. If they don't actually pay off your cable cancellation cost, they might give you a good deal that would offset those costs.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   Glen_D

Glen_D

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:29 AM

I don't recall a promotion where DirecTV would pay early termination fees for Cable service.

I have heard of Cable companies paying early termination fees (up to a certain dollar amount) for satellite customers, though; probably since contracts are much more common for satellite customers than for Cable. Even if the Cable company has promos with contracts, they almost always offer the same services without a contract at the same non-promotional pricing you would be paying when your contract expires.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to contact DirecTV to see if they can offer anything.

#4 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

Again, calling and asking would be the recommended course of action.

I recall about a year ago that Directv had a promotion to pay (through a Visa gift card) up to $200 in cancelation fees. I do not remember if that was for switching from a specific provider, like Dish, or just any provider.

Some of their offers are only available on outbound calls or in specific markets, so keep that in mind.

Good luck.:)

#5 OFFLINE   Max Mike

Max Mike

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

DirecTV did offer last month to pay any cable early termination fees of up to $200 if I would return.

#6 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

TWC advertises that there are no upfront fees or long-term commitments, at least in the LA area. I haven't taken them up on the offer, so I don't know what might be in the fine print.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

spam firewall