Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Help D*will not connect to Internet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   63thk

63thk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:35 AM

Just had a new install on Friday. Was going to have the installer do the Internet connection,but CSR insured me that I should save the $25 and it was as simple as running the Ethernet cable. Which it should be. I'm no networking guru,but have a pretty good understanding of these things. Anyway hooked the HR24 to the router. The Hr24 shows network connected,but says receiver is not connected the internet. If you go to the router it says the exact opposite showing no Ethernet. To insure it was not the cable I hooked it to a laptop which worked fine. I tried wiring it directly to the cable modem, same results. I also have a separate DSL connection which I also tried. Tried using Static IP Same results on all fronts. The router is a Linksys WRT54G2 V1 if that helps. Any suggestions?:(
Tim

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:41 AM

Reset your receiver then run a system test. If the problem is still there try repeating Network Setup. If that doesn't work give DirecTV a call and ask to speak with a tech, not a csr.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   BattleScott

BattleScott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:48 AM

Just had a new install on Friday. Was going to have the installer do the Internet connection,but CSR insured me that I should save the $25 and it was as simple as running the Ethernet cable. Which it should be. I'm no networking guru,but have a pretty good understanding of these things. Anyway hooked the HR24 to the router. The Hr24 shows network connected,but says receiver is not connected the internet. If you go to the router it says the exact opposite showing no Ethernet. To insure it was not the cable I hooked it to a laptop which worked fine. I tried wiring it directly to the cable modem, same results. I also have a separate DSL connection which I also tried. Tried using Static IP Same results on all fronts. The router is a Linksys WRT54G2 V1 if that helps. Any suggestions?:(
Tim

Try to ping the static IP address of the DVR from a PC connected to the same router. If the ping test is successful, then the error is likely because of the Gateway and/or DNS settings in the DVR.
HR24-500 / AM-21 / WGA54AG
42" Pannasonic Plasma
HR22-100 / 26" LG LCD
Slimline 5-LNB

#4 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:54 AM

You do understand that by pluggin in an ethernet cable into a H24/HR24 you will be disabling the internal DECA unit, shutting down the DECA network and killing off your whole home service if you have it. Unless you run ethernet to all of your HD receivers.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#5 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:19 AM

Do you just have the one receiver?

Commercial & Residential Satellite System Design & Installation
DirecTV, Dish Network & Free-To-Air

#6 OFFLINE   63thk

63thk

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

No didn't know that. I was only running temp cables for now anyway, so can I simply disconnect them and reset the system for whole home? The reset and system test did solve the connection problem by the way

Edited by 63thk, 14 November 2010 - 11:04 AM.
added something

#7 ONLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,030 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

No didn't know that. I was only running temp cables for now anyway, so can I simply disconnect them and reset the system for whole home? The reset and system test did solve the connection problem by the way

We need more info on your setup. Receivers - how many and what type. Do you currently have Whole Home Network with them?
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

Protected By... spam firewall...And...