Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Thinking of going back to Dtv - questions on quoted deal...

subscribers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CalifLove

CalifLove

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:35 AM

Hello all -

I wanted to find out if in general dtv offers "New customer deals" to returning customers.

I had TV for a 9 or so months but after sometime I had a TON of technical issues - the problem ended up really being on the techs that were out to correct the problem not being properly trained but that led to a series of phone calls and arguments with TV in me trying to get the problem resolved and eventually led to me switching to Dish w/o the early term fee *which literally took another 2 months to resolve*.

I am now very interested in TV's MRV offering and new DVR and wish to give them another shot. I went on the website and have done the math - at least for the first year I'll get equivalent service plans and some extras like mrv for significantly cheaper than I currently pay dish, and on month 13 the price pretty much evens out with TV costing about $4 more with taxes and everything.

After calling in to confirm the on line price with a csr I found that I had to go through several diff departments and finally got to the "reconnect team" that offered up the intro monthly fee for a full year rather than just 6 months (premium chans included) so now I'm looking at saving quite a bit more over the course of the first year - my question is this - is that pretty standard practice for them to do whatever they can to get you back or am I just lucky right now (assuming the next person I talk to upholds the comments and notes that were supposedly placed into my account) ??

Any help or thoughts from the community are appreciated.

Thank you

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:58 AM

I don't think you can Beat Directv particularly with the Problems Dish is having so get the Best Deal you can and Enjoy the WHDVR (MRV) and get DECA as it works alot better than doing it thru your LAN Network.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   gitarzan

gitarzan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

Referral emails work in my experience for quickly returning customers. That will get you the best offer available and referral credit.
Almost there.
A few more seconds please...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...