Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TiVo R10 Recordings

nfl sunday ticket

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kcaudiofx

kcaudiofx

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:46 PM

I have found a few topics here and they are not completely answering my question. I have a customer who has a R10 Tivo, and he wants to burn the recordings to a DVD, tried doing it the easy way but of course wouldn't let me. It said "copyright material" or whatever. Is there a way I can copy the content to my computer and then somehow remove the copyright material and then burn it to a dvd? thanks in advance

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   paul91

paul91

Legend

• Registered
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

Unless it was already set to not encrypt the recordings then the only way to get the recordings from the receiver is to copy them to a vcr/dvd recorder.

the recordings are encrypted and tied to the receiver and cant be played on any other receiver
HR34-700
HR24-500 x 3
HR24-100
HR24-200
HR21-200 PRO
SWM16/DECA

#3 OFFLINE   fraaboak

fraaboak

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

I have a R-10 TIVO and I copy anything to a Panasonic DVR/VCR recorder. After recording you must finalize the disc which enables you to view the recording on any DVD player including my computer. If you need to make copies of the disc you must have DVD copy software or you can do it the long way and burn from the TIVO to the recorder as many times as you need copies.

#4 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,814 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:07 PM

You can probably find a lot more information at http://www.tivocommunity.com/

spam firewall