Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How do you enable ethernet to other devices using DECA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mojo21

mojo21

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:03 PM

I am trying to connect my PS3 using a wired connection. I have the HR24. I really just wanted some clarification on how to hook this up. I saw a discussion on this already but still not 100% sure of the correct setup process. I created a new thread since the other one was old and not sure if anybody would reply to it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I got from it...

coax from wall to splitter > (a)splitter to DECA (b)splitter to HR24 > ethernet from DECA to switch > ethernet from switch to PS3 and HR24 :confused:

please let me know the correct diagram if this is wrong....thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

What are you trying to do?

At this point you have both DECA & Ethernet into your HR24 and this assumes that there is something DECA on the.

What is the other HD DVR/Receiver that you have on your network?
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

I am trying to connect my PS3 using a wired connection. I have the HR24. I really just wanted some clarification on how to hook this up. I saw a discussion on this already but still not 100% sure of the correct setup process. I created a new thread since the other one was old and not sure if anybody would reply to it.

coax from wall to splitter > (a)splitter to DECA (b)splitter to HR24 > ethernet from DECA to switch > ethernet from switch to PS3 and HR24 :confused:

This doesn't work with the 24s, since their DECA is internal and they don't power a DECA if one is connected to them.
Coax from wall to splitter > (a) to DECA [with PI for power], (B) to HR24.
DECA (ethernet output] to switch or straight to PS3.
A.K.A VOS

#4 OFFLINE   armchair

armchair

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:18 PM

For starters, there should not be an ETHERNET wire on the HR24 in a connected home setup. That wire should be removed and re-run satellite setup on the HR24 and and menu restart to recover MRV.

That may also resolve your network connection to the PS3.

#5 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

Your PS3 has to connect to your router (not the coax deca) Therefore you will need a wired cat 5 or cat6 direct to your router or a wireless adapter from your PS3 to your router or you can use pwerline adapter to make a wired connection thru your AC plugs to your router.
"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#6 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

Your PS3 has to connect to your router (not the coax deca) Therefore you will need a wired cat 5 or cat6 direct to your router or a wireless adapter from your PS3 to your router or you can use pwerline adapter to make a wired connection thru your AC plugs to your router.

Technically, the PS3 can connect to a DECA, which is connected to the DECA cloud, which is connected to a Broadband DECA, which is connected to a router, and it will work.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#7 OFFLINE   mojo21

mojo21

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

What are you trying to do?

At this point you have both DECA & Ethernet into your HR24 and this assumes that there is something DECA on the.

What is the other HD DVR/Receiver that you have on your network?

I also have the H24 in the other room and 2 standard def receivers.

#8 OFFLINE   mojo21

mojo21

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

This doesn't work with the 24s, since their DECA is internal and they don't power a DECA if one is connected to them.
Coax from wall to splitter > (a) to DECA [with PI for power], (B) to HR24.
DECA (ethernet output] to switch or straight to PS3.

thanks for the reply...this sounds closest to what I was thinking...So I dont need to connect ethernet to HR24 from switch? Will my multiroom DVR still work if I don't? Thanks

Edited by mojo21, 16 November 2010 - 03:07 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

thanks for the reply...this sounds closest to what I was thinking...So I dont need to connect ethernet to HR24 from switch? Will my multiroom DVR still work if I don't? Thanks

MRV is working through the DECA, which the 24 has internal [unless you connect ethernet to it].
Using another DECA & PI to have your DECA connect to your PS3, will bring your PS# onto the DECA network, like a receiver. While this isn't supported by DirecTV, it should work, but will also take some of the bandwidth away from the MRV, so don't use both at the same time "and expect" flawless MRV.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall