Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Moving. Should we drop service and sign back up for a better deal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cmf21

cmf21

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

Currently I'm living with my parents and we're moving the third time in 2 yrs. We currently have a bundled package with Qwest for phone, directv, and internet. We're dropping the internet since we can't get at our new location. We're looking to save money and upgrade to a new tv package.

Currently, my parents have 2 standard receivers which they've had for about 10yrs. They are freezing up on us and want to get some hd receivers. We don't care about having DVR. They have the total choice plus package, 185 channels or something, @ 58.49 a month (no locals since not available) and also have the showtime package @ 12.99. We also don't have locals since it's not available so

We are wanting to get new hd receivers and drop the showtime package and get the choice extra package. We already know by getting new receivers we have to sign back up for another 2 yrs.

In the next few days, I'm going to call Directv and see what they can do for me otherwise we might just drop them and sign back up since we can get a better deal (new receivers, hopefully 2 hd) and save $30 a month for 1 yr.

What's going to be our best option.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,521 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:45 PM

Well you can close your account and open a new one under your spouse's name and get all the benefits of a new customer.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:07 PM

Well you can close your account and open a new one under your spouse's name

Currently I'm living with my parents

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

spam firewall