Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

? on different receivers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   paulsonj72

paulsonj72

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts
  • LocationExtreme West-Central MN

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:03 PM

This happened to me on Saturday and I am wondering what caused it. Our receiver upstairs which is a standard went to searching for signal while the standard DVR downstairs remained working? I tried resetting the upstairs receiver and that didn't work but than unplugged it and that did that trick. What I'm wondering is why one receiver went out and the other remained working?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ben4715

ben4715

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:52 PM

Software possibly???

#3 OFFLINE   paulsonj72

paulsonj72

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

not sure. The unplugging and plugging back in worked. We just got the receivers last Wednesday.

#4 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:36 AM

not sure. The unplugging and plugging back in worked. We just got the receivers last Wednesday.

Things happen. It could have been any number of things from a power surge, spike, a ground loop issue or just plain old luck of the draw. Not all romax runs or circuits for that matter are equal in tolerance. It may also have been a snafu during a firmware update that only a reboot could fix as that happens to. No rhyme or reason as to why. All that really matters is the fact that it's back up without issue; so no biggie...

#5 ONLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,612 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:01 AM

This happened to me on Saturday and I am wondering what caused it. Our receiver upstairs which is a standard went to searching for signal while the standard DVR downstairs remained working? I tried resetting the upstairs receiver and that didn't work but than unplugged it and that did that trick. What I'm wondering is why one receiver went out and the other remained working?

If you were talking about HD DVRs, I could answer the question. Don't know about SD DVRs, but the sensitivity of the HRs is variable, ranging from the 20-700s, which seem happy with just about any decent signal to the 24s which need a well aligned dish and a damn near perfect signal to work. When I got my first 21-700 it wouldn't work with the same sigs supplied to my 20-700s.

Rich

#6 OFFLINE   paulsonj72

paulsonj72

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:14 PM

Upstairs is a standard only no dvr. downstairs is a standard dvr. But we got the upstairs working so no biggie.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...