Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Cheap Trick: The Latest Live @ SXSW" Sunday, Nov 21

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,355 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

From HDNet:

DALLAS (November 17, 2010) - HDNet Concert Series presents the exclusive debut of "Cheap Trick: The Latest Live @ SXSW," this Sunday, November 21 at 8:00 p.m. ET.

With more than 5,000 performances, 20 million records sold, 29 movie soundtracks and 40 gold and platinum recording awards, Cheap Trick headline the famed South By Southwest Music festival in front of a crowd of 20,000.

In this electric performance filmed by HDNet cameras, the band plays their own energetic and melodic sound from 36 years of music, including monster hits like "Surrender," "I Want You to Want Me," "The Flame" and "Dream Police" and more!

A clip of the concert can be viewed online.

Don't miss this special exclusive presentation of "Cheap Trick: The Latest Live @ SXSW," Sunday, November 21 at 8:00 p.m. ET, only on HDNet!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:08 AM

One of the best live rockbands of all time!!! They've been on tour essentially since something like 1975 and it shows, you'll be hard pressed to find another band that's as tight as they are, hey that many years on the road with the same line-up will do that for you! I've had the pleasure of seeing them live around 10 times over the years starting in about 1983, the last time being a couple years ago when they were on tour with Heart & Journey. Oh and if you want to see something really amazing check out their DVD performing Sgt. Pepper live. :hurah:

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#3 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:39 AM

One of the best live rockbands of all time!!! They've been on tour essentially since something like 1975 and it shows, you'll be hard pressed to find another band that's as tight as they are, hey that many years on the road with the same line-up will do that for you! I've had the pleasure of seeing them live around 10 times over the years starting in about 1983, the last time being a couple years ago when they were on tour with Heart & Journey. Oh and if you want to see something really amazing check out their DVD performing Sgt. Pepper live. :hurah:

They are one awesome band, that's for sure. One minor correction though, they've had a few lineup changes over the years but they've been back to the 4 originals for a few years now.

Is the DVD from their stint in Vegas doing the Sgt. Pepper show?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#4 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

They are one awesome band, that's for sure. One minor correction though, they've had a few lineup changes over the years but they've been back to the 4 originals for a few years now.

Is the DVD from their stint in Vegas doing the Sgt. Pepper show?

Yeah the original bassist left the band in 1981 and returned in 1988 but the other three members have been there for the duration. That means they've had the same line-up for something like 28 years out of the 35 or so they've been together, which is amazing compared to many bands. Heck there's some "bands" out there running around touring that only have one original member.

The DVD is actually recorded in NYC I believe but I know every so often they do a week or two of shows in Vegas doing the Sgt Pepper live, i'd love to catch that sometime, usually I find out too late to do anything about it!

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#5 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:41 PM

Yeah the original bassist left the band in 1981 and returned in 1988 but the other three members have been there for the duration. That means they've had the same line-up for something like 28 years out of the 35 or so they've been together, which is amazing compared to many bands. Heck there's some "bands" out there running around touring that only have one original member.

The DVD is actually recorded in NYC I believe but I know every so often they do a week or two of shows in Vegas doing the Sgt Pepper live, i'd love to catch that sometime, usually I find out too late to do anything about it!

Yeah, it would be cool to catch them in Vegas.

I've been lucky enough to see them at least 10 times, if not more. And a few times I was lucky enough to get backstage. One time I actually worked at the venue helping with sound and lighting and I got to play Rick's "Uncle Dick" guitar and attempted to hold/play the 5 neck.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#6 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:39 PM

I've been lucky enough to see them at least 10 times, if not more. And a few times I was lucky enough to get backstage. One time I actually worked at the venue helping with sound and lighting and I got to play Rick's "Uncle Dick" guitar and attempted to hold/play the 5 neck.

Got backstage a couple times myself both times I was with my sister who's also a huge fan and she was completely just struck dumb by being in Robin Zander's presence. It was hilarious because you'd never expect my sister to be starstruck if you knew her. She's very outgoing has no problem making friends left and right. I think the second time she managed to squeak out how she had seen them in Finland while she was an exchange student there and Robin made a comment that he remembered that concert because most outdoor concerts they play have beer tents but in Finland they had vodka tents.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...