Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Everything Package

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Link

Link

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

Does the Everything package include the HD Platinum channels? And if not does having the Everything package really save any money on anything? The DVR fee isn't even included anymore is it?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,151 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:33 PM

Does the Everything package include the HD Platinum channels? And if not does having the Everything package really save any money on anything? The DVR fee isn't even included anymore is it?

All the "Everything Package" is anymore is the AT250 plus the four premium movie channel packages. Yes it does save you some money though, Exactly $6.00/mo.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#3 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:56 PM

And no, the Platinum HD package is not included.

#4 OFFLINE   Link

Link

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

All the "Everything Package" is anymore is the AT250 plus the four premium movie channel packages. Yes it does save you some money though, Exactly $6.00/mo.

Thanks for the info. I was considering adding the HD Platinum channels which adds $10 to the bill with AT 250. I thought it might be worth it to get the Everything Package but it doesn't save that much. Dish needs a real Everything Package that includes more plus DVR.

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,588 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:46 AM

Thanks for the info. I was considering adding the HD Platinum channels which adds $10 to the bill with AT 250. I thought it might be worth it to get the Everything Package but it doesn't save that much. Dish needs a real Everything Package that includes more plus DVR.

They had one that included the DVR ... it cost more. When the DVR was taken out of it DISH lowered the price of AEP.

"Everything" also does not include out of market sports channels (add $7), Latino, internationals, BabyFirst TV and other a la carte only channels. It has been an "Almost Everything Package" (AEP) for longer than I have subscribed to DISH. DISH could probably raise the price another $20-$30 but I believe most people would rather choose their final options than be required to pay for everything.

spam firewall