Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Name not Acquired

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

How come on some channels when I go to the DISH signal point screen it will say 'Name not Acquired' even though I have a signal of 70+ and the TP that I am on is a current channel. The 'Name not Acquired' will say there indefinitely and will never say 'EchoStar ##'. Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,909 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

Are you talking about a channel that you can actually watch? Or one that is not available to you?

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:47 AM

I see the same thing on a quick check of a channel from each of 110, 119, 119 spot, and 129.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#4 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:26 AM

Are you talking about a channel that you can actually watch? Or one that is not available to you?

On channels that I can watch.

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,305 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:56 AM

"Name Not Acquired!" on transponders is not tied to subscription to the channels on said transponders. The receiver should display the name of the satellite (for example "EchoStar 61.5 West" if aimed at 61.5) as long as that transponder can be locked.

Changing transponder seems to help if the name does not appear. The name does take a second or two to appear after the new transponder is locked (at least on my 622).

#6 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:56 AM

"Name Not Acquired!" on transponders is not tied to subscription to the channels on said transponders. The receiver should display the name of the satellite (for example "EchoStar 61.5 West" if aimed at 61.5) as long as that transponder can be locked.

Changing transponder seems to help if the name does not appear. The name does take a second or two to appear after the new transponder is locked (at least on my 622).

For me the TP on some channels lock but never display the SAT name. The funny thing is that I always have a high signal and never have had signal loss on those channels

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,305 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

For me the TP on some channels lock but never display the SAT name. The funny thing is that I always have a high signal and never have had signal loss on those channels

Try changing the transponder. I noticed the same bug on my receiver but the name appears if I change transponders (even when I change back).

#8 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

Try changing the transponder. I noticed the same bug on my receiver but the name appears if I change transponders (even when I change back).

Thanks..:) I just did what you mentioned and it worked. I guess it is probably a recent bug in one of the FW upgrades.

#9 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,909 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:29 PM

The reason I asked... is because I have seen this a few times in the past when I had tuned to a channel that was not available in my area even though it showed in the guide.

Like sometimes when they have a spotbeamed local from another DMA showing in the EPG erroneously... I couldn't tune to the channel, but if I was quick and went to the Point Dish screen, I would get a "Name not acquired".

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...