Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New HD Platinum channels

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:23 PM

The SD feeds of Encore Mystery and Starz Cinema have been added to the HD Platinum package. Not sure why SD channels are being added to an HD package but it's better than nothing I guess.

Edited by VDP07, 18 November 2010 - 11:25 PM.
spelling

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,905 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:00 AM

The SD feeds of Encore Mystery and Starz Cinema have been added to the HD Platinum package. Not sure why SD channels are being added to an HD package but it's better than nothing I guess.

Odd ... I know they just started testing MoviePlex in SD on channel 377 ...

Perhaps with the lines between HD and SD blurring adding a couple of premium channels to Platinum HD adds value.

BTW: DISH added six new HD only channels to Platinum HD this year ... so they were doing better than nothing before adding any SD channels.

#3 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

why cant i see those channels on my platinum package?

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#4 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

why cant i see those channels on my platinum package?

They are loacated on channels 344 and 353 and are broadcasted from 72.7 and 110.

#5 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:56 AM

I already had encore mystery as part of my 250 package, don't watch a lot of SD unless there is absolutely nothing on in HD. Hopefully starz cinema will at least provide another option when there is not much to watch.

#6 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:41 AM

They are loacated on channels 344 and 353 and are broadcasted from 72.7 and 110.

i can get the encore channel as part of my 250 package but the 353 says its a subscription channel and wants me to upgrade. im on the eastern arc if that makes any difference as to why i cant see it. maybe??

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#7 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:14 PM

Perhaps with the lines between HD and SD blurring adding a couple of premium channels to Platinum HD adds value.

BTW: DISH added six new HD only channels to Platinum HD this year ... so they were doing better than nothing before adding any SD channels.

Hopefully MoviePlex will turn into MoviePlex HD at some point in time.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#8 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

They're still in SD........:icon_lame

:icon_band
Thank you and
Best of luck

#9 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

They're still in SD........:icon_lame

:icon_band

...and there still not showing up for me. cant see anything on 377 either. hmmmmm :confused:

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#10 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,905 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:03 PM

...and there still not showing up for me. cant see anything on 377 either. hmmmmm :confused:

377 remains in testing and is not available to customers. I'd be worried if you could see it. :)

#11 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:06 AM

377 remains in testing and is not available to customers. I'd be worried if you could see it. :)

i found out why i cant get starz cinema on 353. this morning i contacted dish on the phone. im currently in the middle of getting platinum free for 3 months for signing up for paperless billing. according to the rep i cannot get any additional platinum channels added to the lineup while in the free offer. that might be true, my friends that pay for platinum get 353. but still, should they limit my account just because im in a free offer? it was just annoying me to death as to why everyone else could get it and i couldnt :)

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#12 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

I don't see those channels yet. Do I need to unlock them?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

Protected By... spam firewall...And...