Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

iPhone based remote control for DirecTV DVR

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   RogueWing16

RogueWing16

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

Just found this app thanks to this thread. Works great on my Ipod Touch. Thanks for the app!:allthumbs

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#262 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

Noticed a start-up "splash screen" was added, and there is no longer a Safari menu bar. Nice touches! :up:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0073.PNG
  • IMG_0075.PNG

/steve

#263 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• Registered
  • 12,941 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

This lovely work by Waltz49 rocks on a laptop, too. That's where I've used it the most.

Thanks again......
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#264 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Just curious if Waltz is working on an update to get the macros working correctly on this great app with the new HD GUI? I don't use the macros very often, but had to try them when the new GUI was downloaded to my HRs.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#265 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

This is great alternative to get remote control on all devices as well as jail broken iPads. Keep up the great work waltz!

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#266 OFFLINE   waltz49

waltz49

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Just curious if Waltz is working on an update to get the macros working correctly on this great app with the new HD GUI? I don't use the macros very often, but had to try them when the new GUI was downloaded to my HRs.

I will make changes when I get a chance. Unfortunately it may be a week or a bit more. Should be easy... I just need to get a little time to do it
Mobile phone and web browser based DirecTV remote at http://waltzremote.com

#267 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

No problem. The basic functions work just fine. :)

And I also thank you for this effort.
It's people like you that keep things interesting. :D
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#268 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

Since the subject of collaborative scheduling on the DVRs is showing up again, I'm wondering if an app could be written to allow the PC to view the current Series List on the PC? And, then be able to alter that list.
Maybe a new thread could be started to discuss this as this thread is just for remote control of the DVR.

#269 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• Registered
  • 12,941 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

Since the subject of collaborative scheduling on the DVRs is showing up again, I'm wondering if an app could be written to allow the PC to view the current Series List on the PC? And, then be able to alter that list.
Maybe a new thread could be started to discuss this as this thread is just for remote control of the DVR.

Yes, it could, but this idea has been requested many times, and my take is that any app that can do that will be authored by- or at least controlled by- DIRECTV® itself. The commands to fetch such info aren't available, afaik, and certainly commands to input changes to the List other than add things will probably never be available to us.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#270 OFFLINE   waltz49

waltz49

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Fixed the macros for the new guide a couple of days ago but forgot to post a notice... let me know if the few macros there aren't working. I still hope to add customized macros or maybe macro recording but as always that might be a while.
Mobile phone and web browser based DirecTV remote at http://waltzremote.com

#271 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Thanks. It seem to be working for the most part.

It looks like it is going to a standard starting place before the subsequent commands take you to the selected page. However, it doesn't always end up where commanded, especially if you start from a different place. For example, if the Menu is already displayed and you select Series Manager it sometimes ends up on the All Movies page. Seems like the timing between commands may need to be tweaked. But, I suspect this could be a problem as this may depend on what DVR model is being controlled and other factors. I'm using my notebook PC/Win7 to control a HR24-500.

But, since the macros do work most of the time, I don't see this as a problem. Too many variables to get it perfect. Again, many thanks for your efforts with this IP control of the DVR.

#272 OFFLINE   mhaenchen

mhaenchen

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

Waltz49, been using your app on my PC with Firefox to control my living room DVR and love it. Tried to set it up for the DVR in my bedroom and I can't get it to work. I tried everything you had listed under troubleshooting on the "Changes and Known Issue" site, but no luck. I can ping the DVR, so it is on the network. Any other ideas?

You may have a DVR that is blocking external access. Look under 'Whole House' for 'External Settings' and change from 'Block to 'Allow'.

#273 OFFLINE   mhaenchen

mhaenchen

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:06 AM

WaltzRemote is great. I use it on a laptop and my HP Touchpad.
Here are a few ideas I'd like to see you add.
1. Under troubleshooting, tell people about how to unblock external device access on the whole house DVR.
2. Add a link to this discussion page.
3. Have an option to display the remote horizonally so you don't need to scroll to the bottom of the remote. I personally would like to see is scalable so it was about 10% smaller.

#274 OFFLINE   William1

William1

Mentor

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

I think I found a bug. When fast forwarding through commercials (using a sammy 7.0 tablet) it changes from the image of the RC64 to the plain buttons. Then the fast forwarding is going on, I have to get o the i screen, click once on the show keypad button, get back, reverse... very maddening. Otherwise, I love the app and look forward to you further development. It is the best out there for Android. I have tried the iRule, it stinks. Control via IP is the way to go.
"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

#275 OFFLINE   johnnytex

johnnytex

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Thanks for a great app.

Could you add 271 H2HD?

Thanks.

HR44-500, H24-100, HR22-100 and HR20-700 with DECA SWM16

#276 OFFLINE   ColonelJulius

ColonelJulius

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Why did all of the sports networks in the 600's disappear?

#277 OFFLINE   VLaslow

VLaslow

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

A little late here, but...I've been using your remote app on and off for a long time. It really saves me a lot of trouble when I need to control my dvr in the office from my bedroom.

Thanks buddy! You've been a big help to me.

#278 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,580 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I just noticed something weird using Waltz Remote and the Mix channels.

I tuned to 701 (currently the French Open) and then selected one of those shown (say 702), then using the channel up button the DVR just continued to go up through the channels.  It's as if the remote didn't send some command to stop the next channel command. Or the timing is messed up.

I still love this little program.

Keep up the good work!

And to add, I'm using a laptop with win 7.

Edited by jdspencer, 25 May 2014 - 04:00 PM.

#279 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:07 AM

I still love this little program.

Keep up the good work!

+1 Yes!  :righton:  I still use it and really like it as well though I do wish we could control Genie Mini's with it. With that being said, the official D* app for iOS works quite well as a remote control for the clients.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

Protected By... spam firewall...And...