Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

922 EHD & Lan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   saftrep

saftrep

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:40 AM

I have a 922 and 612 install planned for this weekend. I already have a 622 that I am replacing. Just curious - if the ehd is active and both recievers are on my lan can you watch recorded material from either ehd through the lan? in other words can I access the ehd on the 612 through the 922 if both are on the lan?

also, which is more beneficial? wireless adapter or sling extender? I have a wireless adapter coming for the install.

thanks,
David

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

No, the EHD is only accessible from the device it's plugged into.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,348 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

Somebody name EHD as 'SnickersNet' :) - disconnect it and moving it by your feet, you doing transfer the records to other DVR.

#4 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

I actually prefer the "MilkyWayNet" myself, but that's just me. :)
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,011 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:10 PM

Now I want a 5th Avenue... or maybe a Payday.

But yeah... The EHD can only be accessed from the receiver to which it is connected... with only one exception. On the 922, since it has built-in Sling... IF you are connected through the Web or mobile Sling app, and your EHD is connected to the 922... then you can watch those EHD movies via Sling as well.

On the other question... Sling extender vs Wifi... I don't have a Sling extender, so I can't argue the merits of that... but the Wifi comes in handy if you don't have Ethernet near your receiver and if you don't (or can't) use HomePlug.

-- My cat's breath smells like cat food.

spam firewall