Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NCAA Bowl Season

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 2,132 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Fl

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

To bad we could not have had a Oklahoma Boise St rematch. Glad TCU beat Wisconsin. Too bad they did not get a chance to play for the championship but the computers gods rule otherwise.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   Gloria_Chavez

Gloria_Chavez

Godfather

• Registered
  • 464 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

What domination. Stanford clearly lays claim to a national championship. As Harbaugh said yesterday, he promised his players a championship, and he delivered.

-------------------
Orange Bowl: Stanford Destroys Virginia Tech 40 - 12

Read more: http://www.sfgate.co...1#ixzz1A50EJnFC

Stanford Legend and friend Michael Dotterer sent a text one hour before tonight's Orange Bowl game, reading "GO CARDINAL," so I gave him a call. Dotterer, one of only 24 decorated two sport athletes in Stanford's Hall of Fame, asked me to predict the score of the game. "40 to 10, Cardinal," was my response.

Stanford won 40 to 12, under a 4-touchdown performance by Quarterback Andrew Luck.

As I write this, Stanford Coach Jim Harbaugh's accepting the Orange Bowl trophy. "Hairball," as some Cal Old Blues call him, deserves it. Also, really, and all kidding aside, let's tip our hats to the Stanford Athletics program, which, in an age when athletes as often wind up in a police report as that do on a stats sheet, have produced a number of true student-athletes, who've performed amazingly of late.
-------------------

Had it not been for a fluke game against Oregon, a game we were winning 21-3 at one point, Stanford would be the undisputed national champion.
Since 1995 the average cable bill has increased 122%, while TV consumption per household just 13%.

http://www.multichan...1_Per_Month.php

http://blog.nielsen....-all-time-high/

#53 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 14,266 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:52 AM

What domination. Stanford clearly lays claim to a national championship. As Harbaugh said yesterday, he promised his players a championship, and he delivered.

How can a team with 1 loss lay claim to a national title when 2 (TCU & whoever wins the NC) others will be undefeated when all is said & done? :rolleyes: Stanford played in the weak Pac-10 & got molly whopped by Oregon. Harbaugh is a good coach, but he did not deliver a championship...the best he's done is 2nd in the conference. He'll be in the NFL or Michigan next year.

Had it not been for a fluke game against Oregon, a game we were winning 21-3 at one point, Stanford would be the undisputed national champion.

Fluke? :rolleyes: Oregon destroyed Stanford 52-27. Not so fast on declaring them undisputed national champions, either. Auburn would probably beat them.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#54 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 20,245 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

I've said it before...

Stanford is a good team... but they were blown out by Oregon. Stanford has no right or reason to claim even a share of the championship.

IF we had a playoff, then Stanford would have as good of a shot as anyone... but without a championship... they simply can't have even a sliver of a claim on a championship in a year when their 1 loss came at the hands of an undefeated team and was a blowout win on top of that.

-- !rotaredoM mA eM

What I do when I'm not here

#55 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,261 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

Fluke? Stanford was leading 21 to 3 after the first quarter then leading 31 to 24 at the half then allowed 28 unanswered points.

That doesn't sound like a fluke but rather a choke!

If it was not for a last minute field goal, Stanford would have lost to USC. How about the touchdown in the last 5 minutes which gave Stanford the win over Arizona State. That doesn't sound like a team worthy of being called 'National Champion'

I'm sorry but Stanford has no legitimate claim to a national championship.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#56 OFFLINE   Gloria_Chavez

Gloria_Chavez

Godfather

• Registered
  • 464 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

Oh well. Oregon lost.

But Andrew Luck decided to return.

Therefore, I expect Stanford to be the preseason #1 pick.

And barring a disaster, we should win a national championship next year.
Since 1995 the average cable bill has increased 122%, while TV consumption per household just 13%.

http://www.multichan...1_Per_Month.php

http://blog.nielsen....-all-time-high/

#57 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 14,266 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

Oh well. Oregon lost.

No, they won't be preseason #1. It'll likely be Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, or Oregon. With Harbaugh gone to the 49ers, Stanford lacks a good coach. Stanford won't win the Pac-10, either.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#58 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 20,245 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

I might even root for Stanford next year... but I too have my doubts. Even if they get a good new coach, he'll still be new.

I think even if they are good, it is doubtful they will be pre-season #1. I expect an SEC team or perhaps Ohio St or some other similarly high-profile team will have that ranking.

Even with a new coach, though, I'd expect to see Stanford in the top ten pre-season next year.

-- !rotaredoM mA eM

What I do when I'm not here

#59 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:46 AM

Oh well. Oregon lost.

Please! Oregon lost by a last second field goal. Let's not put more in to their loss then it really was. Had Stanford not gotten lucky a couple of times this year (last second field goal against USC comes to mind), it is very likely they could have found themselves playing in San Diego (with a 9-3 record) not Miami (with 11-1).

I seriously doubt Stanford will be ranked in the pre-season top 10 (may be ranked just outside it) nor do I expect them to finish any higher then 2nd in the North Division of the PAC-12.

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#60 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 14,266 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

I seriously doubt Stanford will be ranked in the pre-season top 10 (may be ranked just outside it) nor do I expect them to finish any higher then 2nd in the North Division of the PAC-12.

Does the new conference start next year? Hopefully, the conference title game adds some excitement to the conference.

#61 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

Does the new conference start next year? Hopefully, the conference title game adds some excitement to the conference.

Hard to believe isn't it? The first PAC-12 Championship game is scheduled for December 3, 2011.

I think Utah and Colorado will add plenty of excitement. I am disappointed though that they only implemented divisions for football.

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#62 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 14,266 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

Hard to believe isn't it? The first PAC-12 Championship game is scheduled for December 3, 2011.

I think Utah and Colorado will add plenty of excitement. I am disappointed though that they only implemented divisions for football.

Now, my Big 12 is down to 10...Dang, 2011 will be different.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...