Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

DirecTV Cinema Coupon/Promo Offers Question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CraigerCSM_*

Guest_CraigerCSM_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

DirecTV has that new order four DTV Cinema movies between Dec. 1st and Dec. 31st and get $10.00 off promo. Can you also use buy one get one free coupons and DirecTV's current promo at the same time?

Also I know some in here have said its the movie studios that set the price for DTV Cinema movies but could DTV ever think about doing a deal with the movie companies to do a RedBox like price? $1.00 per night for SD and $1.50 or $2.00 per night for HD? I guess if they did that the Studios may want to do that 28 windows that RedBox has with some of the Studios?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

The coupons usually state in the small print that they can't be combined with other offers.

As for the cost, I doubt we'll see the cost of PPV movies drop any lower than what they are right now.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 Guest_CraigerCSM_*

Guest_CraigerCSM_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

The coupons usually state in the small print that they can't be combined with other offers.

As for the cost, I doubt we'll see the cost of PPV movies drop any lower than what they are right now.

- Merg

Thanks, I should have read the fine print.

#4 OFFLINE   Joe C

Joe C

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:36 AM

DTC Cinema is a rip off, you are better off with Red Box or Netflix.

#5 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,651 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:20 AM

DTC Cinema is a rip off, you are better off with Red Box or Netflix.

Profound statement there...

Would love to know the reasoning behind it.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#6 Guest_CraigerCSM_*

Guest_CraigerCSM_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:32 PM

I think he is saying since DTV charges $4.99 for SD and $5.99 for HD and RedBox charges $1.00 for SD and $1.50 for HD. I like DTV Cinema for convenience since you don't have to go pick up a movie and then return it. I wish DTV Cinema would lower their prices or at least do $5.00 for both an SD and HD movies. HDTVFan do you think DTV could change to a RedBox style of renting? If DTV switched to a RedBox rental method I hope they wouldn't also do a 28 day release windows for some studios like RedBox. Inception is out today on DTV Cinema with RedBox you have to wait 28 days later to see it.

Edited by CraigerCSM, 07 December 2010 - 05:45 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

How does this promo work? If I do 4 PPVs this month, will they automatically mail me the redemption coupons that the fine print states have to be mailed in for future movie credits? As I pay electronically with autopay, I am not sure how they will administer this.

#8 OFFLINE   dgsiiinc

dgsiiinc

AllStar

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

DirecTV Cinema isn't all that bad. I live in a fairly rural area. Redbox can be convenient, but the nearest one is at least a twenty minute round trip from my house. I subscribe to Netflix and I use Redbox occasionally, but that doesn't stop me from getting a PPV movie once every month or two.

spam firewall