Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Network Local Channels List

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   dough_boy747

dough_boy747

Mentor

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

thanks that did help forsure. :grin:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:16 AM

KWHS-LD 51 and COZI TV 51.2  is up and running  in Colorado Springs  When I emailed one of the workers over there about why Dish Network does not carry KWHS, he responded that he tried with no luck. Originally KWHD was a Denver station (LeSea Broadcasting) and has expanded in my area, as many stations do that around the country.

Wonder if there is another way to alert Dish to add this local? I can now see more hours a day of COZI than what is on channel 82. 

Kwhs TV 6 & 51
1710 Briargate Blvd
Colorado Springs ,  CO   80920
Phone:  719-228-0651

Category:  Broadcasting & Media Production
Sub Category:  Television Stations & Broadcasting Companies

Kwhs TV 6 & 51 is 1 of 10 Television Stations & Broadcasting Companies In Colorado Springs, CO. It is also categorized into  Television Broadcasting & Production .

It is associated with the following industry(s):  Television Broadcasting Stations .

It is located in 

El Paso County

Edited by BobCulp, 08 January 2015 - 12:20 AM.

#78 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,830 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:19 AM

It's a low powered station so Dish doesn't have to carry them and they can't use must carry to get on the lineup like full powered stations.

Edited by KyL416, 08 January 2015 - 12:19 AM.

#79 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 737 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

I am not sure how close you live to Denver, but channel 25 also offers COZI, it is 25.3 (25.1 is Telemundo). It is a full power station with transmitter in Firestone.

DISH rarely carries sub-channels, so your best bet is an antenna.

I do get channel 26 and 28, which are low powered stations, in Denver, 40 miles away from here in Longmont. So, it is possible an antenna will work for you. I do it with an amplified flat antenna.  I manage to receive about 45 main and sub-channels here (2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 12, 14, 20, 25, 26, 28, 31, 38, 50, and 59). I also have received 10,  22, 23, 33 and 41), but very low signal on those.

KWHS-LD 51 and COZI TV 51.2  is up and running  in Colorado Springs  When I emailed one of the workers over there about why Dish Network does not carry KWHS, he responded that he tried with no luck. Originally KWHD was a Denver station (LeSea Broadcasting) and has expanded in my area, as many stations do that around the country.

Wonder if there is another way to alert Dish to add this local? I can now see more hours a day of COZI than what is on channel 82. 

Kwhs TV 6 & 51
1710 Briargate Blvd
Colorado Springs ,  CO   80920
Phone:  719-228-0651

Category:  Broadcasting & Media Production
Sub Category:  Television Stations & Broadcasting Companies

Kwhs TV 6 & 51 is 1 of 10 Television Stations & Broadcasting Companies In Colorado Springs, CO. It is also categorized into  Television Broadcasting & Production .

It is associated with the following industry(s):  Television Broadcasting Stations .

It is located in 

El Paso County

#80 OFFLINE   ibjimbo

ibjimbo

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPoseyville, IN

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:02 PM

This is not the world's greatest problem, however, I have been wondering for quite some time why WNIN-TV Virtual Channel 9; RF Channel 9, Evansville, IN, maps down as Channel 12 on the Dish Channel Guide. WNIN has always been on channel 9.
It would be kind of nice to see this small glitch corrected.

FYI; I emailed this question to Dish customer support on May 7th and got no response of any kind.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...