Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Network Local Channels List

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   GravelChan

GravelChan

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

For Sioux Falls, SD on Dish....

36-00 KSFY-2 is The CW Network   (Not ABC)

38-00 KWSD is MeTv,  one of the few cases where MeTv is locally the 01 subchannel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,902 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Thank you ... keeping track of network moves is a challenge.

Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#63 OFFLINE   kenglish

kenglish

Icon

• Registered
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah, USA

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

DISH just enabled a Second-Audio PID (A-PID 53) for KSL-TV, in the Salt Lake City DMA.

This allows KSL to broadcast Spanish translation of "Music and the Spoken Word", as well as pass the Descriptive Video Service from certain NBC programming.

#64 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,902 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

DISH just enabled a Second-Audio PID (A-PID 53) for KSL-TV, in the Salt Lake City DMA.
This allows KSL to broadcast Spanish translation of "Music and the Spoken Word", as well as pass the Descriptive Video Service from certain NBC programming.

Cool. I wish I could say every subchannel audio that is available is picked up. It is good to see it done.
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#65 OFFLINE   kenglish

kenglish

Icon

• Registered
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah, USA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Cool. I wish I could say every subchannel audio that is available is picked up. It is good to see it done.

I mentioned to the Echostar engineer, that there were a couple of other locals passing DVS. He said that the individual station's engineer just needs to call the Locals Engineering Department in Cheyenne, and they will turn them on. Took about one minute to switch ours.

(Hint to other stations... :righton:  )

#66 OFFLINE   rtd2

rtd2

Legend

• Registered
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

5190 WLOX (13 HD Local) BILOXI, MS (ABC) 61.5°
5192 WXXV2 (6 HD Local) GULFPORT, MS (NBC) 61.5
5193 WXXV (25 HD Local) GULFPORT, MS (FOX) 61.5°
5194 WMAH (16 HD Local) BILOXI, MS (PBS) 61.5°
6591 WLOX2 (14 Local) BILOXI, MS (CBS) 61.5° SD. MPEG4 <----------

James now that I have my locals restored under dish /raycom agreement I'm still wondering why dish didn't uplink my Wlox2 -Cbs in hd last month when we got the other locals in hd. Wlox says they are feeding hd signal to dish direct tv at&t uverse and cable one yet its a virtual sub channel in sd on ota . I know my neighbor is getting Wlox2-Cbs in hd on direct Tv. I'm pleased to be getting locals in hd now but its Weird we are getting everything in hd but Cbs any idea?

Edited by rtd2, 10 August 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#67 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,902 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:39 PM

DISH generally carries what is broadcast. If it isn't HD OTA it isn't HD on DISH.

If DISH is getting a special HD feed from the station perhaps it will be carried in the future. But in general, if it isn't OTA it isn't on DISH.
  • rtd2 likes this

#68 OFFLINE   rtd2

rtd2

Legend

• Registered
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for your response , hopefully it will eventually be carried in HD. Stinks wlox was given permission to start a Cbs if they cant provide it in HD to everyone

#69 OFFLINE   lighthouse94

lighthouse94

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 22 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

The following local television stations are uplinked on DISH Network.

[See Link]

Due to the size of the list and difficulties keeping it updated in this thread, please use the daily updated listing on my website:
http://uplink.jamesl.../locallist.html

The list there includes all the satellite uplinked local channels that were listed in this post, plus all the "OTA guide" channels for each market. A more complete way of approaching the issue. Note that the markets are based on the way DISH flags a channel as being in a market in their uplink data. Most updates are based on uplink data, not personal observation. Corrections concerning what network is on each channel are appreciated.

My Dish network dish is pointed at 72 and 61.5 very few are pointed at 72 if any, why is that,,Im SE Ohio

#70 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,902 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

My Dish network dish is pointed at 72 and 61.5 very few are pointed at 72 if any, why is that,,Im SE Ohio

72 does not have local stations. One needs 72 and 61.5 or 72 and 77 to get their local stations.

There are also a few national HD channels and a lot of national SD channels on 61.5.

#71 OFFLINE   jpoulette

jpoulette

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLive Free or Die

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

James - Thanks for putting that up !

Would you know if BOTH 72 and 61.5 are needed to get local - I have both (long story), but presently don't have a switch.

Thanks!

J

Edited by jpoulette, 25 August 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#72 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,902 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

James - Thanks for putting that up !

Would you know if BOTH 72 and 61.5 are needed to get local - I have both (long story), but presently don't have a switch.

There are no local markets on 72 ... 72 is needed for most non-local channels.

#73 OFFLINE   jpoulette

jpoulette

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLive Free or Die

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:53 AM

Thanks James - I know, that's why I pointed a dish at 61.5.

The program guide lists all the local channels - but none of them come in. All the other channels come in fine.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...