Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

On Demand ??'s (HR20-700)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   steelgtr

steelgtr

Mentor

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:09 AM

Hi Guys

1) Just plugged in a network cable, all the channels/programs show up but when I pick one and record it doesn't show up in my playlist.

I was able to get one movie (Annie) to record so I know I'm hooked up.

2) Is there a way to filter the free from the pay for programming? Seems like more $$ than free!

3) I pay for HDNET but when I try to do a free HDNET (1561), it tells me to call to add the channel!

thx

bob

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,196 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hi Guys

1) Just plugged in a network cable, all the channels/programs show up but when I pick one and record it doesn't show up in my playlist.

2) Is there a way to filter the free from the pay for programming? Seems like more $$ than free!

3) I pay for HDNET but when I try to do a free HDNET (1561), it tells me to call to add the channel!

thx

bob

561 / 1561 is HDNET MOVIES.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#3 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

Hi Guys

thx

bob

I am using DoD with my new HR24-200 but also see some differences than how DoD worked in the past. Before when you chose a program(s) to download, it would show in the Queue until it the download was started, then it was show in the Playlist as it downloaded and after it was done. Now, nothing shows in Queue when I have programs set to download.

I don't think there is a way to filter out Free stuff.

I can view HDNet Movies DoD just fine on my end. You can view the regular channel (561) fine but can't download from their DoD channel?
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#4 OFFLINE   steelgtr

steelgtr

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:59 PM

I am using DoD with my new HR24-200 but also see some differences than how DoD worked in the past. Before when you chose a program(s) to download, it would show in the Queue until it the download was started, then it was show in the Playlist as it downloaded and after it was done. Now, nothing shows in Queue when I have programs set to download.

I don't think there is a way to filter out Free stuff.

I can view HDNet Movies DoD just fine on my end. You can view the regular channel (561) fine but can't download from their DoD channel?

Are you saying you have the same problem? When I check the history, it says DL cancelled? Que shows nothing. I just plugged in the network cable last night and the connection test is good

I get and pay for 561 just fine!

#5 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,969 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:23 PM

I have the HD Extra Package but when I try to download a movie from HD Net Movies, I get a popup asking if I would like to subscribe to that channel. Something appears to be messed up in Directv's system for that channel.

#6 OFFLINE   tonyinvc

tonyinvc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:03 PM

Just got off the phone with engineering regarding this problem.
It's a glitch concerning the VOD HD extra pack. I was assured they're working on it and should be resolved soon.

#7 OFFLINE   philherz

philherz

Legend

• Registered
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:34 PM

When I check the history, it says DL cancelled? Que shows nothing. I just plugged in the network cable last night and the connection test is good

Not sure about your HDNET issue.

I've had this happen before and it's pretty much a hit & miss. If I keep trying, it always records eventually.

As far as filtering by "free" goes, I just check those channels (Sony, MGM, etc. ?) that are free......

spam firewall