Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Leverage" returns Sunday

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,314 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

Just a reminder that "Leverage" returns Sunday 12/12/2010.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

But isn't it the season finale? :confused:

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#3 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:42 PM

Rerun.
1-HR21-100, 2-HR21-700, 1 w/eSATA, all networked, unsupported MRV. AT9 Dish(110 & 119 disabled) and SWM8.

#4 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,314 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

The first episode of the night is "The Ho, Ho, Ho Job" which is not a repeat according to Zap2It, TVGuide, TV.com and the TNT web site:

Posted Image

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#5 ONLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,449 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

Sunday begins a run of new episodes.

I'm not sure how many new ones before the next break though.

As noted, they are also re-running another episode as part of a 2-hour block of Leverage... so make sure you set your DVR to catch the correct episode!

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#6 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,115 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

Looking forward to it!!

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#7 OFFLINE   balboadave

balboadave

Legend

• Registered
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:54 PM

There's one new episode this week. There are two new episodes next week, which may record as a two hour block, and will be this 3rd season's finale.

#8 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:03 PM

There's one new episode this week. There are two new episodes next week, which may record as a two hour block, and will be this 3rd season's finale.

The third season only has 3 episodes?

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#9 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

The third season only has 3 episodes?

No, these are the 14th, 15th and 16th episodes of the 3rd season.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#10 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

Oh, guess it's been so long I forgot the season wasn't over.

#11 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:47 AM

Oh, guess it's been so long I forgot the season wasn't over.

Thats one thing I don't care for with TNT/USA/FX is how they break the season apart and scatter it all over the calendar. I can see 1/2 & 1/2, but 4-5 eps here, break, 3-4 here, break, etc. Crazy.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#12 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,614 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:48 AM

Thats one thing I don't care for with TNT/USA/FX is how they break the season apart and scatter it all over the calendar. I can see 1/2 & 1/2, but 4-5 eps here, break, 3-4 here, break, etc. Crazy.

Agree.

I suspect that they could get better ratings on various series if they didn't mess with the schedules as much as they do.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#13 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,115 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:19 AM

Couldn't agree more!

Burn Notice is set to have a 2 hour season finale on Thursday and they only returned just prior to Thanksgiving.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#14 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Well shoot.

Canceled.

I was rooting for it to stay on. Not the best show on TV and far from the worst, but other than a clinker ep here and there a pretty solid entertaining show. Ingenious writing, great characters.

But what breaks my heart is Parker. That's one of the most interesting characters on TV. A fish out of water, no social filter, a little kinky, and bat$#!+ crazy. Just the type that I always seem to end up with, actually.

Beth Riesgraf is not the best-looking actress in Hollywood (although still waaaaaaaay hotter than 99.9% of the rest of the human race) but her rubber-faced Parker character was super attractive, at least to me, basically due to her "what-will-she-do-next" unpredictability. I found that endlessly entertaining, which is probably why I am doomed to be drawn to oddballs like her in real life. It's a rough ride, but it sure is fun.

She is also not the best actress; there is a lot of "high-school-play" immaturity that comes through, but even that is endearing to me. She will be sorely missed, at least by me and my gigantic crush on her character. But in a way, her portrayal also had flashes of pure genius; I once saw Parker spontaneously break out into a very shy dance move in the far background of a wide shot in a scene totally about something else, for no apparent reason other than she just felt like it. Totally unscripted, and brilliant. It was obvious that this was Beth just naturally "being" Parker, and that it was not a calculated mugging just for the camera; the camera even nearly missed it. She has that natural wackiness without even trying, that someone like Zooey Deschanel only can dream about as she clumsily tries vainly to manufacture that with a continually-resounding flop in her own show. Just embarassing.

Beth's character of Parker, on the other hand, took your breath away; she could be capable and formidable while at the same time shy and sweet (and completely nuts). Not all that easy for an actress to pull off for 75 episodes. It just made you want to protect Parker and watch over her even though she could obviously take care of herself just fine. I honestly think TV doesn't get any more entertaining than that, when an actor can elicit that level of emotional response in a viewer just by creating an enigmatic captivating persona like this girl did. Kudos, Beth, and RIP, Parker.

All I can hope for is that her star turn as Parker will be enough of a visible resume for her to be cast in a successful sitcom; if anyone has those sort of raw, instinctive comedy chops, I think it might be her. It won't be Parker, but it will be the next best thing, which is all we can really hope for.

Edited by TomCat, 23 December 2012 - 12:17 AM.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#15 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,242 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

TNT’s “Leverage” coming to an end
December 21, 2012 TNT Publicity 10:20 pm ET

TNT’s Leverage has thrilled audiences with its delightfully intricate plots, its “stand up for the little guy” attitude and its terrific performances from stars Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman, Christian Kane, Beth Riesgraf and Aldis Hodge. But after five wonderful years, it’s time to say goodbye. Leverage will come to a close on Christmas, Tuesday, Dec. 25, at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), with a series finale that stands as one of the show’s best episodes.

It certainly wasn't my #1 SL, but I enjoyed watching the show.

#16 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

wow, nothing like letting us know at the last minute.

As for Beth Riesgraf, she's had a recurring part on Criminal Minds this year and it appears the character may have a bigger role coming up.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#17 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Seems to me like they had a Finale ready but TNT kinda pulled the plug really quick.

http://www.leveragef...-dean-devlin-2/

It was "decided today" (12/21) yet they had a finale ready? Something smells fishy.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#18 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,242 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Not fishy. Good planning is what I'd call it.

After dragging its decision for months, TNT has pulled the plug of drama Leverage four days before the series’ fifth season finale. The news comes two weeks after the series’ executive producer Dean Devlin announced in an open letter to fans that he and co-creator John Rogers decided to end the current Season 5 finale they way they envisioned the series would end — in case there was no Season 6. Leverage, which is independently produced by Devlin’s Electric Entertainment, has been on the bubble the past couple of years but has managed to secure last-minute renewals.

#19 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,712 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Not fishy. Good planning is what I'd call it.

That would be what they want you to think. TNT wasn't dragging their heels for nothing... Someone was holding up negotiations somehow.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#20 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Well shoot.

Canceled.

I was rooting for it to stay on. Not the best show on TV and far from the worst, but other than a clinker ep here and there a pretty solid entertaining show. Ingenious writing, great characters.

But what breaks my heart is Parker. That's one of the most interesting characters on TV. A fish out of water, no social filter, a little kinky, and bat$#!+ crazy. Just the type that I always seem to end up with, actually.

Beth Riesgraf is not the best-looking actress in Hollywood (although still waaaaaaaay hotter than 99.9% of the rest of the human race) but her rubber-faced Parker character was super attractive, at least to me, basically due to her "what-will-she-do-next" unpredictability. I found that endlessly entertaining, which is probably why I am doomed to be drawn to oddballs like her in real life. It's a rough ride, but it sure is fun.

She is also not the best actress; there is a lot of "high-school-play" immaturity that comes through, but even that is endearing to me. She will be sorely missed, at least by me and my gigantic crush on her character. But in a way, her portrayal also had flashes of pure genius; I once saw Parker spontaneously break out into a very shy dance move in the far background of a wide shot in a scene totally about something else, for no apparent reason other than she just felt like it. Totally unscripted, and brilliant. It was obvious that this was Beth just naturally "being" Parker, and that it was not a calculated mugging just for the camera; the camera even nearly missed it. She has that natural wackiness without even trying, that someone like Zooey Deschanel only can dream about as she clumsily tries vainly to manufacture that with a continually-resounding flop in her own show. Just embarassing.

Beth's character of Parker, on the other hand, took your breath away; she could be capable and formidable while at the same time shy and sweet (and completely nuts). Not all that easy for an actress to pull off for 75 episodes. It just made you want to protect Parker and watch over her even though she could obviously take care of herself just fine. I honestly think TV doesn't get any more entertaining than that, when an actor can elicit that level of emotional response in a viewer just by creating an enigmatic captivating persona like this girl did. Kudos, Beth, and RIP, Parker.

All I can hope for is that her star turn as Parker will be enough of a visible resume for her to be cast in a successful sitcom; if anyone has those sort of raw, instinctive comedy chops, I think it might be her. It won't be Parker, but it will be the next best thing, which is all we can really hope for.

Enjoy(ed) the show, but Parker was very annoying.

spam firewall