Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Jets Assistant Coach Apologizes for Tripping Dolphins Player

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,164 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:13 AM

New York Jets assistant Sal Alosi apologized after blatantly tripping Miami's Nolan Carroll on the sideline during Gang Green's 10-6 loss to the Dolphins Sunday.

During the third quarter of the game, Alosi -- on the sidelines wearing Jets raingear and white tennis shoes -- appeared to stick his left knee out and tripped Carroll as the cornerback ran out of bounds on punt coverage. Carroll fell and had to be attended to by medical staff on the Jets sideline, before eventually returning.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz1808E03eJ

Full Article: http://www.foxnews.c...olphins-player/

Video:

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:29 AM

Full Article: http://www.foxnews.c...olphins-player/

Video:

Saw it....was really quite unprofessional and ridiculous.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:34 AM

Bad enough when the players on the sidelines sometimes get involved in play... but at least a player might actually get in the game at some point.

There is no reason at all that could possibly excuse a coach on the sidelines doing something like that.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#4 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:41 AM

Bunch of cheaters I hope they just miss the playoffs

Edited by JACKIEGAGA, 13 December 2010 - 09:09 AM.

JACK,

#5 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,164 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:58 AM

Bunch of cheaters I hope they just miss the playoffs

There is no reason to punish the Jets for this lone idiot. Yes, he should be fired and banned from ever setting foot on a field ever again but there is no reason to punish the everyone else.
At least his stupidity did not affect the outcome of the game.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#6 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,650 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:10 AM

There is no reason to punish the Jets for this lone idiot. Yes, he should be fired and banned from ever setting foot on a field ever again but there is no reason to punish the everyone else.

I agree. I'm not a Jets fan but Alosi should be fined and fired.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

You could also argue that he was guilty of assault. When a player hits another player too hard, it at least is between two competitors that are permitted to be part of the game.

When a coach hits a player like that... it has no place in the game at all since the coach is not an eligible player... so IF the Jets and the NFL don't come down hard on this guy... expect a potential lawsuit for the league and the Jets and possibly consideration of criminal charges against the coach.

I'm not saying it is exactly the same as assaulting a guy on the street... but it honestly isn't a whole lot removed from that.

If they don't come down hard on the guy... then one day another coach is going to see a way to stop a runback TD and will affect the outcome of a game...

#8 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:44 AM

Its a class-less act, and could cause serious injury. It's also against the rules, and out of line for anyone on the sidelines to do this.

Plenty of reason to discipline the guy - not sure its worthy of firing...but maybe something that hits him in the wallet would do the trick.

#9 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:28 PM

I remember a bowling tournament I was in one of the players was throwing a perfect game. When he came up to the ninth frame a player on the other side threw a towel at his back just as he was getting ready to throw. Naturally the player miss and when the player who threw was ask why he threw the towel he could not explain. He said that it was something that he did on the spur of the moment. I for one have no reason to believe he did it on purpose. Sometimes we do things that can never be explain.

#10 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

I remember a bowling tournament I was in one of the players was throwing a perfect game. When he came up to the ninth frame a player on the other side threw a towel at his back just as he was getting ready to throw. Naturally the player miss and when the player who threw was ask why he threw the towel he could not explain. He said that it was something that he did on the spur of the moment. I for one have no reason to believe he did it on purpose. Sometimes we do things that can never be explained.

That line only worked once with my wife.... :D

#11 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

That line only worked once with my wife.... :D

Now you didn't trip your wife, did you!? :eek2:

#12 OFFLINE   dsw2112

dsw2112

Always Searching

• Registered
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

...Yes, he should be fired and banned from ever setting foot on a field ever again but there is no reason to punish the everyone else.

I agree, he should be fired -- banned is probably a bit much... This act in any employment situation would be grounds for dismissal.
SL3-Slimline to SWM16 - DECA
HR34-700, HR24-500, & HR22-100

#13 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

Now you didn't trip your wife, did you!? :eek2:

Well.....my explanation at the time to her was simply....."Have a nice trip....see ya next fall." :D

(OK - that didn't really happen).... ;)

#14 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,164 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

I agree, he should be fired -- banned is probably a bit much... This act in any employment situation would be grounds for dismissal.

I might be willing to go a limited ban - maybe a few years but the NFL really needs to make an example of this idiot.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#15 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,164 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:38 PM

The New York Jets have suspended their strength and conditioning coach without pay for the rest of the season for tripping a Miami Dolphins player, the team said Monday.
Sal Alosi was also fined $25,000 for sticking his leg out and causing rookie cornerback Nolan Carroll to stumble during Sunday's 10-6 Dolphins victory in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz1839T9VGc

Full Article: http://www.foxnews.c...pping-incident/

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#16 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

That's pretty much what I expected would happen....seems fitting.

#17 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,961 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

The ironic part in this: he won an award for sportsmanship and fair play both on and off the field during his college career at Hofstra.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#18 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,164 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:02 AM

That's pretty much what I expected would happen....seems fitting.

While I personally would have rather seen something a little more harsh, I'll accept it since his actions did not effect the outcome of the game.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#19 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:15 AM

While I personally would have rather seen something a little more harsh, I'll accept it since his actions did not effect the outcome of the game.

....or result in a senseless significant injury...

#20 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:19 AM

Didn't effect the outcome of the game... and the player tripped wasn't injured in a meaningful way. So I think it is fine to fine and suspend the remainder of the season.

IF this same coach does anything like this again, though, then I'd be for firing and perhaps lifetime ban.

I'm willing to give a 2nd chance on a first offense for a guy that otherwise hasn't (to my knowledge) been involved in anything else negative... but now he very publicly should know better.

A more important thing, though... this was barely caught on camera. How many times has something like this happened and NOT been caught? And IF it wasn't caught, how many people would have just thought the Miami player was making it up?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...