Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Jets Assistant Coach Apologizes for Tripping Dolphins Player

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,535 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

This morning's news reports that Sal Alosi's "devious act not a coincedance". The report stated that he strategically ordered players to form a wall in that specific place. As a result of this new information his suspension has gone from the rest of the season to indefinate.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,118 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

This morning's news reports that Sal Alosi's "devious act not a coincedance". The report stated that he strategically ordered players to form a wall in that specific place. As a result of this new information his suspension has gone from the rest of the season to indefinate.

This story just continues to get better!

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#23 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:22 AM

Wait until they find out Rex Ryan ordered it.

JACK,

#24 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,617 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:16 AM

OUCH.

Can't say it would shock me...but right now...that's alot of marginal speculation. ;)
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#25 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,839 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:25 AM

When it first happened, I thought it was "odd" that those guys were lined up foot to foot on the line.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#26 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,594 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:27 AM

Da-dum! The plot thickens.....! At least the jerk wasn't actually on the field, and he should consider himself lucky he wasn't knee-capped at the time.....wonder if we'll see some sideline torpedoes next year?
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#27 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,535 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

When it first happened, I thought it was "odd" that those guys were lined up foot to foot on the line.

You noticed that too. My military training alerted me when I first seen the video. This morning's news didn't surprise me.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#28 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

My local ABC news reported the NFL will talk to the Jets on friday

JACK,

#29 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:59 PM

Ok what Mr Strength coach did was bad, he's been punished that's been established. What it got me wondering about though is why was the player in a position like that to get tripped in the first place anyway? I mean the replay shows he's clealy well out of bounds while running up the field. It seems to me it's something that he must've been doing to try to gain some kind of perceived advantage? And the Jets obviously noticed he'd been doing it and therefore lined up their coaches as close to the line as possible to keep him from doing it? I really don't know that's why i'm asking. After all I thought it was against the rules in the first place to go out of bounds and then come back in and try to make a play. Anyway it was ridiculous what happened but i'm just trying to figure out what led up to it.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#30 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,459 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:03 PM

I thought I saw earlier in the play where the "gunner" had been forced out of bounds by a player on the other team... and at the speed he was running, it took a bit to restore balance and turn himself back into the field of play.

The rule is supposed to be that if you are pushed out of bounds, you have to reasonably try to get back in bounds ASAP. Depending on how fast you are going and how far you are nudged, it can take a bit to get back into the field of play.

I don't have a problem with the people standing outside of the field of play. They are outside the field of play. But they shouldn't be trying to harm a player by tripping or anything like that.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#31 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

I don't have a problem with the people standing outside of the field of play. They are outside the field of play. But they shouldn't be trying to harm a player by tripping or anything like that.

I absolutely agree. I was just wondering how the Jets coaching staff knew he'd be running there. I mean obviously they did or they wouldn't have lined up like that. Was the plan to force him out and make it difficult to run up the sideline? Or was this player running up the sideline on the out of bounds side of things as part of him trying to get an advantage somehow and the Jets saw him doing that and were trying to make it more difficult for him. Once again the tripping was way out of line but obviously something was going on there that led up to it, just wondering if anyone had heard what.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#32 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,459 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

I absolutely agree. I was just wondering how the Jets coaching staff knew he'd be running there. I mean obviously they did or they wouldn't have lined up like that. Was the plan to force him out and make it difficult to run up the sideline? Or was this player running up the sideline on the out of bounds side of things as part of him trying to get an advantage somehow and the Jets saw him doing that and were trying to make it more difficult for him. Once again the tripping was way out of line but obviously something was going on there that led up to it, just wondering if anyone had heard what.

It's hard to say. Supposedly there was some evidence that there was a plan for those people to be lined up where they were... the tripping was supposedly not in the plan, but the lining up was.

I know you will see players get forced out of bounds semi-frequently... and on a kick-return there's probably a limited area where you could expect someone to be running out of bounds on any given play... so that + telling your guys to run the "gunner" out of bounds probably makes it easy to have some people lined up near where he would be forced out of bounds.

I've seen that a lot actually... and as we agree, that's not an issue and it is well within the rules. Take the intentional tripping by that one guy out of the equation, and I can't see anything else wrong with anything else that happened.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

spam firewall