Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

needing info about comapny

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   skid_129

skid_129

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:18 PM

I have an interview with Multiband in Paducah. They promise me that it's far different than when it was comm-craft or directech but I'm unsure. Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of them and could you feel me in. How's the pay. really? I know the per install rate isn't that great, but how about you're weekly check? Do you get enough jobs? Do they send you halfway across the state, when they have a local tech in that area starving that could do the jobs? Do you get the equipment you need when you need it? SUPPORT: This is a biggie. Do they have it? Can they resolve issues promptly and efficiently? When I report an order as no LOS, will I have to worry about getting sent back to the same place 3 or 4 more times? I know it's terrible that in this day and age we have to do reference checks on potential employers but once you've been burned by an HSP, that's how it goes.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bt-rtp

bt-rtp

Icon

• Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

You might try keeping a look out for a Multiband service van in your travels and when you see one stop and ask the technician your questions.
HR24-500 with AM21
HR21-200
HR20-700
HR20-100

#3 OFFLINE   skid_129

skid_129

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

good idea. I just hadn't noticed one around town in a few weeks.

#4 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

Like nearly all DirecTV HSPs (that remain), they are constantly short on equipment, which is rationed on a regular basis. That IMO is their single biggest issue, and is largely out of their control, as it is DirecTV corporate who cannot seem to get enough equipment to meet the demand.

Commercial & Residential Satellite System Design & Installation
DirecTV, Dish Network & Free-To-Air

#5 OFFLINE   jlhflex

jlhflex

• Registered
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTunica,Louisiana

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

Like nearly all DirecTV HSPs (that remain), they are constantly short on equipment, which is rationed on a regular basis. That IMO is their single biggest issue, and is largely out of their control, as it is DirecTV corporate who cannot seem to get enough equipment to meet the demand.

.... And 4 years later, they still short on equipment..

Sent from my HTC One using DBSTalk mobile app

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,403 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

not sure what you are basing thus on, but my HSP has run out of equipment maybe 2 or 3 times in the eight years I have been there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...