Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

retailers and Directv

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DarkWing

DarkWing

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

Can anyone give me an idea of how much Directv or Dish Network pay a retailer for a sale?
I have been with an HSP for 5+ years and want to branch out on my own But I dont want to jump thru all the hoops that directv wants before telling me what it can be worth, I have an office and warehouse set and ready.
Thank you for any help that anyone can share.

Wing

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DarkWing

DarkWing

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:43 AM

Wow, really? No one knows the answer? I can't believe this info is that well kept.

#3 OFFLINE   kcaudiofx

kcaudiofx

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

Can anyone give me an idea of how much Directv or Dish Network pay a retailer for a sale?
I have been with an HSP for 5+ years and want to branch out on my own But I dont want to jump thru all the hoops that directv wants before telling me what it can be worth, I have an office and warehouse set and ready.
Thank you for any help that anyone can share.

Wing

I am a retailer and have been for about a year now.. Now I could go on for days on the pay but I will get you started

Commission for the sale is as follows..

Choice $150
Choice Extra $225
Choice Ultimate $225
Premier $225 (yea crazy that its the same as above.)

ADD HD $25.00
ADD DVR $25.00
NFL ST $50.00
Sports Pack $20.00

now thats the BASICS, Those prices are above if YOU do the installation.. The installation prices are as follows..

$100/$25

$100 for dish and first receiver $25.00 each additional

YOU purchase all HD receivers and the re-imburse you for that when they pay you on the account

You buy a HDDV for $150 they pay you back $175
You buy a HD for $75.00 they pay you back $100
all D12's are FREE

You have to buy the dishes also (unless you find a ton of them that fell off a truck somewhere) :)

ALL HD HAS TO BE SWM, they will pay you back $116.00 for every HD dish

There is a lot more things also, but thats the basics.. You can make some real good money being a retailer if you take pride in it.. I hope this helps

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

Next explain the charge backs to him because he will lose some of his customers.

spam firewall