Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

sports subscriptions game didn't record

switch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Registered
  • 656 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:47 AM

I have CI, mostly for Rangers games. I set it to record a game two or three days ahead and about 1/3 of the time the game is not on the to do list the morning of the game. The game isn't even in the history as a cancelled recording. Yesterday was no different, I set both dvr's, an HR 22 and an HR24 to record a few days ahead and had to reset them again yesterday morning. I went to watch the game last night and while the games were in the list of recorded shows, but both were empty files, went to play them and all I saw was "0 min" and when I tried to play it went to "do you want to delete" Is this an MSG NY only issue, CI only, or does this happen to people with MLBEI or League Pass or on CI if you, say, try to record a preds-caps game?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:43 AM

If you are having problems on the NHL CI channels, you might try recording the RSN channel instead. I use 638-1 MSGB HD to record all my Sabres games and never have a problem.

On you actual issue with NHL CI channels, are you able to watch live games on those channels w/o a problem? Do you have problems recording other programs on other channels? You might try doing a reset or reauthorize [link] of your DVR's to see if it clears it up. It might actually be a bad connection or alignment issue as described in the thread [link]. If you read it, it might give you some suggestions that you can try.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#3 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,390 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:47 AM

I have always had the same problems with MLBEI, I think guide data changes are the problem. The best and most reliable way is a manual recording.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#4 OFFLINE   dhkinil

dhkinil

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 656 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

If you are having problems on the NHL CI channels, you might try recording the RSN channel instead. I use 638-1 MSGB HD to record all my Sabres games and never have a problem.

On you actual issue with NHL CI channels, are you able to watch live games on those channels w/o a problem? Do you have problems recording other programs on other channels? You might try doing a reset or reauthorize [link] of your DVR's to see if it clears it up. It might actually be a bad connection or alignment issue as described in the thread [link]. If you read it, it might give you some suggestions that you can try.

Thanks, it is usually just a case of having to check and frequently reset recordings on the day of the game, except for all of the software issues with the first hr 20's I have never had it fail to record until yesterday. I have tried recording the actual rsn, but that does not always work and they have been know to change the channel for a game at the last minute so a manual record is not always the safe option either.

#5 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

One last suggestion is to set up a "Smart Search" to record the games. I use a the setup similar to the one below to record the Sabres and it hasn't failed. It gives priority to the first entry and works it way down the list. Here are the 3 different Smart Searches you should setup for the Rangers:

AALL HDTV RANGERS CCHAN 634 Press "red button" and select "Show Type" then "Live"
AALL HDTV RANGERS CCHAN 215 "Show Type" then "Live"
AALL HDTV RANGERS CCHAN 603 "Show Type" then "Live"

Live helps so you don't pick up repeats on the RSN, VS or NHLN.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#6 OFFLINE   psuscott0483

psuscott0483

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:08 AM

One last suggestion is to set up a "Smart Search" to record the games. I use a the setup similar to the one below to record the Sabres and it hasn't failed. It gives priority to the first entry and works it way down the list. Here are the 3 different Smart Searches you should setup for the Rangers:Live helps so you don't pick up repeats on the RSN, VS or NHLN.

would it also record the rangers repeat at midnight and the trimmed down game the next afternoon?
DIRECTV since 2005
Premier Package + MRV + NHL Center Ice + NFL Sunday Ticket
HR34-700
HR24-500
H21-100
H23-600 x 3
H24-100 x 4
H25-500
Setup | Setup Diagram

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: switch

Protected By... spam firewall...And...