Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Human Target - OAD 12/15/10

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:50 PM

"A client with amnesia doesn't know his identity or why someone might want to kill him."

I've watched Human Target from the get-go.
Been a big fan of Chi McBride since his "John Larroquette" show and Mark Valley since "Boston Legal". This season, to my dismay, they added two females to the 'team.' But, as it turns out there is more characters to play off of because of this.
Anyway, this episode, too me, stretched a couple characters; Gurerro and Mrs. Pucci. I found it to be possibly the best episode thus far.

Anybody else have something to say about this episode?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:06 PM

I thought it was a really good episode as well. I enjoyed Guerrero and Pucci interacting - they had good comedic chemistry. I really like how the show intermixes humor, danger, suspense, drama and some good old-fashioned melodrama.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

I'm still enjoying it, but could have done without the additions. IMO, it was a bit better without them.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,227 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

I thought it was a good episode. Guerro's dry sense of humor and comedic timing is perfect.

I was a little wary as well of them adding on both of the female characters, but I think it turned out for the best. It definitely opens the door for more story lines and creates a lot more interaction for the characters. And anytime you can enjoy just watching a character (the thief), I don't see anything wrong with that. :)

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#5 OFFLINE   balboadave

balboadave

Legend

• Registered
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:09 PM

"A client with amnesia doesn't know his identity or why someone might want to kill him."

I've watched Human Target from the get-go.
Been a big fan of Chi McBride since his "John Larroquette" show and Mark Valley since "Boston Legal". This season, to my dismay, they added two females to the 'team.' But, as it turns out there is more characters to play off of because of this.

Mark Valley was just so-so on Boston Legal, but was brilliant in Keen Eddie. "How do you like me so far?"

Edited by balboadave, 19 December 2010 - 11:16 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:40 PM

I did not watch last season. I started this season and am now catching up to last via Netflix. I have really enjoyed the program. And I agree the interaction between Guerro and Pucci was fun to watch.

Indira Varma does seem to have a bit of comic talent. Didn't get to see that in her role in Luther.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#7 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

I'm still enjoying it, even with the new additions, but I definitely liked the season 1 theme music better!

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#8 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:26 PM

I definitely prefer last year's theme music. I am however enjoying the addition of Janet Montgomery, wowzzers!

I'm not 100% sold on the new format of Mrs. Pucci being their boss.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#9 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:07 AM

I didn't even know they had changed the theme music. I typically ff through the opening credits and theme music of every show I watch, so I don't even know what theme music most shows have.

Heck, I just realized this year that they changed the 2.5 men opening to show Jake aging.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#10 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

I didn't even know they had changed the theme music. I typically ff through the opening credits and theme music of every show I watch, so I don't even know what theme music most shows have.

Heck, I just realized this year that they changed the 2.5 men opening to show Jake aging.

Ahh, the joys of using a DVR (at least in my case). :lol:

#11 ONLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,176 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

Jake is aging?!? :eek:

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#12 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,436 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:26 AM

2.85 Men??:nono2:

I also FF through most, but "Lie to Me" has a great opener. So good I Shazamed it, then bought the tune. The show itself, though, hasn't held up for me.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#13 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:26 PM

Agreed, Laxguy, Lie to Me took off great and now it seems they are running out of ideas.
Some of the episodes this season really make a person wonder about the writing here....

spam firewall