Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP 722K - Sling Adapter Will Not Work

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   huskerroo

huskerroo

• Registered
  • 8 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

That is the highest level of service they offer. I am ok watching either at the 'good' setting or non-HD versions of the channels; I would simply like the service to work.

Is there any way of knowing what the numbers mean? Why (40)? I have seen others but can't recall now.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#182 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

FWIW, my 512k upload speed works fine with my sling. I don't think speed is the source of your disconnect problem.

#183 OFFLINE   adamjeeps

adamjeeps

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

Tony:

Can you help me get my 722 do work with the Sling adaptor?

I will PM my info to you as soon as I get one more post in :lol:

#184 OFFLINE   adamjeeps

adamjeeps

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

I have never been able to get the red light to come on, bit I know my 722 is online because I can access the dvr from online.

I have my receiver connected via Cat 5 to a Linksys WRT54GS router.

Thanks to anyone who can help!!

#185 OFFLINE   TonyT@DISH Network

TonyT@DISH Network

Legend

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:07 PM

I certainly can help. Have you already gone through the thread to make sure all the suggestions are completed?
Anthony Thomas
DISH Network Customer Service
2:45PM to 11:15PM Sunday-Thursday

#186 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,697 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

I certainly can help. Have you already gone through the thread to make sure all the suggestions are completed?

You want too much ! :D

#187 OFFLINE   jeffreycentex

jeffreycentex

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:01 PM

Me too... Stuck on "Booting"...

PM'ed Tony....

#188 OFFLINE   jeffreycentex

jeffreycentex

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

Anyone else have a solution to a device that sticks on "booting"?

#189 OFFLINE   gsc999

gsc999

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:56 PM

I was excited about Sling adaptor because usually when I go on vacation I put my Dish a/c on hold but with Sling I could watch my programs remotely.

That experience has turned into a nightmare.I have 722 Duo DVR. I have spoken to four different Dish tech support guys but so success so far. I am not sure why Dish would push out such a bad product in the market.

After few days I still receive this message "Our systems are being updated (7)."

Please wait a few minutes, then try again."

So far I had tried the following:
- Reset the 722 receiver.
- Disconnect the 722 for an hour and reconnect.
- Reset my Comcast modem and Linksys wireless router.
- The 722 gets online through a Sling link turbo wireless connection.

It would be good to know if someone has a solution for this issue.

#190 OFFLINE   TonyT@DISH Network

TonyT@DISH Network

Legend

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

I might, and it is really simple.. LOL Could you PM me a receiver CAID number or phone number on the account?
Anthony Thomas
DISH Network Customer Service
2:45PM to 11:15PM Sunday-Thursday

#191 OFFLINE   girdnerg

girdnerg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hi folks,

I am thinking of getting the sling adapter and have a couple of generic questions.

I have the fastest DSL offered in my area. Speeds from speedtest.net are usually 600 - 700 kbps upload.

I understand that this would limit me to SD viewing when away from home.

1. Would I still be able to watch DVR events even if they were recorded from an HD channel or an HD channel just downrezzed to SD? I always record the HD version because most of my watching is at home on an HD TV.

2. What about while at home? Can I watch HD content in HD while on my home network which is all wireless N or gigabit LAN?

Thanks,
Rob

#192 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,414 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

1. Would I still be able to watch DVR events even if they were recorded from an HD channel or an HD channel just downrezzed to SD? I always record the HD version because most of my watching is at home on an HD TV.

2. What about while at home? Can I watch HD content in HD while on my home network which is all wireless N or gigabit LAN?

#1. When away from home, you should be able to watch anything on live TV or recorded on the DVR, whether it is HD or not... you will just not get the best quality due to the slower upload speed.

#2. At home you should be fine. You wouldn't even need WIFI-N or gigabit. I have WIFI-G and no problems... and only 100mbps LAN via ethernet as my other option... either of which are already far above the requirements for good quality Sling video.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#193 OFFLINE   girdnerg

girdnerg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

Thanks Stewart.

That's what I was hoping to hear, but that brings up another question.

How does the HD while at home work when you have to watch thru the dishnetwork website?

#194 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

How does the HD while at home work when you have to watch thru the dishnetwork website?

You only authenticate thru dish site. All streaming is local while at home. I get around 9Mbps full HD streaming at home even though my max internet speed is 1Mbps up. No worries.

One new thing for travelling is TV Everywhere, where you can stream at high speed directly from the content providers without going through your sling at all. It uses the same login as your dish remote account.

Check these out:

http://www.adultswim.com/tveverywhere/
http://www.tbs.com/tveverywhere/
http://www.tnt.tv/tveverywhere/
http://www.cartoonne...m/tveverywhere/

#195 OFFLINE   girdnerg

girdnerg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

You only authenticate thru dish site. All streaming is local while at home. I get around 9Mbps full HD streaming at home even though my max internet speed is 1Mbps up. No worries.

One new thing for travelling is TV Everywhere, where you can stream at high speed directly from the content providers without going through your sling at all. It uses the same login as your dish remote account.

Check these out:

http://www.adultswim.com/tveverywhere/
http://www.tbs.com/tveverywhere/
http://www.tnt.tv/tveverywhere/
http://www.cartoonne...m/tveverywhere/

Wow, I had no idea about that. Is that the entire list? How do you know which networks participate?

EDIT: just tried to login and my usual dish login didn't work. Do you set up an additional account when you get the sling adapter and then use that one?

#196 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

I get around 9Mbps full HD streaming at home even though my max internet speed is 1Mbps up.

Wow, I don't think I've seen mine go higher then 2 Mb. Usually closer to 1 Mb. I wonder if the WiFi adapter is holding me back or else using a hub for both the WiFi and sling adapters.

#197 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

Wow, I had no idea about that. Is that the entire list? How do you know which networks participate?

EDIT: just tried to login and my usual dish login didn't work. Do you set up an additional account when you get the sling adapter and then use that one?

Not sure. I have 2 logins anyway, one for dish remote access (my user ID) and another for dish online beta (my email address). I don't remember having to create a special one for sling. However, the login is kind of flakey. I logged in, and apparently nothing happened at first, but several minutes later I could stream. Just keep trying.

I saw those Turner networks posted in the DirecTV forum and tried them and lo and behold, they worked for Dish as well. I've searched for a complete list, but haven't found it yet. If you get yours working and find more, please post them. I'll do the same (probably worthy of a new thread or at least the existing DirecTV thread).

Wow, I don't think I've seen mine go higher then 2 Mb. Usually closer to 1 Mb. I wonder if the WiFi adapter is holding me back or else using a hub for both the WiFi and sling adapters.

Hardwired all the way and no USB hub in my system. I think 802.11b maxes out around 1 Mb, but 802.11g should work fine up to at least 15 Mb. Could also be the USB hub like you said which has a pretty low limit if it's not 2.0. I'd try a different hub as a test.

#198 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

Should be 802.11n. Little to far from the router for a good 5G signal. Hub is USB 2.0. I might try a test without the hub just using both the built-in USB ports this weekend.

Just built this house 5 years ago and I can't believe I didn't run network cable to this and a couple other locations.

#199 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:02 PM

OK I need some help! I just received my Sling Adapter it is installed and the info comes on the screen (TV) telling me that it’s installed. I go on line to try to watch a program on my computer and it is a no go! I don’t see anything saying “Watch live TV” after I select “Dish remote Access”.
What am I not doing!
On another note is there a light on the unit (sling) that shows it’s powered on? If so I have no light on the sling.

#200 ONLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

There should be a little red light on the left side of the inverted U on top of the Sling Adapter.

If it does not light up when connected, there is either a problem with your receiver or most likely the Sling Adapter itself.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

spam firewall