Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP 722K - Sling Adapter Will Not Work

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:11 AM

I have searched quite a bit this weekend, but I can't seem to get a definitive answer on this one, so here goes. I now have the dreaded:

"Your computer was able to connect to your device, but the connection was interrupted. (Error 36)

Please try connecting again."

My 722k is connected via ethernet cable. The DISH Remote Access seems to work fine with my Android phone on either wifi or 3G. On some computers in the home I get the above message, but it works on others.

So far, I have tried:

1) Resetting the receiver.

2) Resetting the broadband connection.

I am using Comodo and even when I have disabled it I still cannot connect. I have tried this with both Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. I am connected via DSL and a speed check shows:
Download Speed: 8665 kbps (1083.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 735 kbps (91.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Can anybody suggest what my next step should be?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#262 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,915 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

Raise the upload speed - the speed is limiting streaming video from your 722k.

#263 OFFLINE   upjeeper

upjeeper

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

I'm having the same issue. I've read through all 11 pages of this thread with no success

My wife and i have tried to access our sling unit from 2 different ipads and 2 different android phones. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Dish program with no success.
I spoke with another Dish rep last night who will be sending our 4th sling adapater this coming week, we've been through two 722 receivers.

I've got Charter high speed internet (16mbps IIRC) connected to my home router running the latest flavor of DD-WRT.

I can use my ipad to tell the receiver to play programs on my tv, but when i try to use my ipad to view content from my receiver i get the message that i should connect my ipad and receiver to the internet

Around page 3 or 4 Tony suggested reconnecting to the broadband, renaming the reciever then doing "web activation". My "web activation" fails.

I do not get any red light on my sling adapter.

#264 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 472 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

No red light = time to get the adapter replaced.

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#265 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'm having the same issue. I've read through all 11 pages of this thread with no success

My wife and i have tried to access our sling unit from 2 different ipads and 2 different android phones. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Dish program with no success.
I spoke with another Dish rep last night who will be sending our 4th sling adapater this coming week, we've been through two 722 receivers.

I've got Charter high speed internet (16mbps IIRC) connected to my home router running the latest flavor of DD-WRT.

I can use my ipad to tell the receiver to play programs on my tv, but when i try to use my ipad to view content from my receiver i get the message that i should connect my ipad and receiver to the internet

Around page 3 or 4 Tony suggested reconnecting to the broadband, renaming the reciever then doing "web activation". My "web activation" fails.

I do not get any red light on my sling adapter.

Hi, can you please PM me your account or phone number as I would like to review your account and assist you furhter with this ongoing issue. Thank you!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

#266 OFFLINE   upjeeper

upjeeper

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

No red light = time to get the adapter replaced.

thanks, i understand that but what are the odds that 2 receivers and 3 slingboxes are bad? i've had the same problem for months...

#267 OFFLINE   Donaldhendrix

Donaldhendrix

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I am in the same spot as upjeeper. I have both a 722 and a 722k. The USB button is grayed out on both. Sling Adapter Status: none Sling Adapter Version: ADEAZAAM
I have been trying for weeks to get this working. The 722 has been replaced. Tech had me plug the sling adapter into my computer to verify it was being acknowledged. I was hopeing to find something here that would help. I have tried it all.

Update: I am sure my Sling Adapter is fried. Dish should warn us about placing the adapter on top of the DVR. Mine only lasted 6months.

Edited by Donaldhendrix, 18 February 2013 - 06:31 PM.
update

#268 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

I have my Sling Adapter place on top of my receiver. I've had my Sling Adapter since its release in 2010 and I still have my original Sling Adapter.

Has the Sling Adapter been replaced? Please PM your account number to me and verify your 4 digit PIN number so I can assist you further. Thanks.

I am in the same spot as upjeeper. I have both a 722 and a 722k. The USB button is grayed out on both. Sling Adapter Status: none Sling Adapter Version: ADEAZAAM
I have been trying for weeks to get this working. The 722 has been replaced. Tech had me plug the sling adapter into my computer to verify it was being acknowledged. I was hopeing to find something here that would help. I have tried it all.

Update: I am sure my Sling Adapter is fried. Dish should warn us about placing the adapter on top of the DVR. Mine only lasted 6months.

#269 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Mine has also been on top of my hopper for almost a year and no problems.

#270 OFFLINE   salyas

salyas

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

I just received a new receiver and the sling doesn't work, I called the support but nothing, they said that is fault of my internet company, but from what I saw in these posts maybe it is something different. @Ray can you please help me? Thank you:(

#271 OFFLINE   cdxrd

cdxrd

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

IM having the same issue.. Sling adapter has been fine, doesnt get hot where it sits, and then bam, up and dies.. no red light. It does recognize the device on the pc, but no red light.. firmware on the 722k shows ADEAZAAM .. and of course now the sling adapter even costs more than I originally paid.. :(  Oh, and yes.. tried both usb ports.. sometimes the reciever will pop up a message about the sling adapter and waiting on the red light, most of the time it does not.. left it unplugged for 10 mins.. done multiple resets.. worked just fine previously about a week or so ago.. 

Edited by cdxrd, 18 June 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#272 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,915 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

open protection plan then complain to dush

#273 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 360 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

IM having the same issue.. Sling adapter has been fine, doesnt get hot where it sits, and then bam, up and dies.. no red light. It does recognize the device on the pc, but no red light.. firmware on the 722k shows ADEAZAAM .. and of course now the sling adapter even costs more than I originally paid.. :(  Oh, and yes.. tried both usb ports.. sometimes the reciever will pop up a message about the sling adapter and waiting on the red light, most of the time it does not.. left it unplugged for 10 mins.. done multiple resets.. worked just fine previously about a week or so ago.. 

Hi, I would be happy to help you. Can you please PM me your account or phone number and the four digit security code on the account and I will see what I can do. Thank you!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...