Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL Remotes

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   zebra_lounge

zebra_lounge

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

I have been trying to order the NFL remote for the last few days 3+ days and keep getting the same error message:
"Sorry, we're having trouble creating your order. Please try again later or call 1-800-DIRECTV to place your order."

I have successfully ordered with the same card in the past but can't get the checkout to work. I have called directv 10 times and they give me the same generic answers: System maintinence, try again in a couple hours. I asked them to talk with the maintinence manager but they act like that is impossible. I have called my credit card company and my card isnt even being authorized. There is something on their end blocking the transaction. I have tried many different computers etc. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:18 AM

Ummm, why don't you just order one over the phone? Especially since you called them anyway. A friend of mine did just that when he ordered Sunday Ticket in August. He asked about an NFL remote and they ordered it up for him.

#3 OFFLINE   zebra_lounge

zebra_lounge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:20 AM

I am ordering a few for friends and some gifts. I need the online system to work bc I can ship them directly.

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

I am ordering a few for friends and some gifts. I need the online system to work bc I can ship them directly.

You should still be able to change the shipping address when ordering via phone.

BTW, :welcome_s to DBSTalk!

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#5 OFFLINE   StangGT909

StangGT909

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

I ordered two tonight for gifts. Lady on the phone said I had to order online, but said they usually only take a week. After ordering, I noticed the fine print on the site that said may take 4-6 weeks. Hmmm... anyone know how long it should take?

It is what it is, but I'd sure be happy if they came at least by Monday of next week.

#6 OFFLINE   Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836

Godfather

• Registered
  • 431 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

I ordered two tonight for gifts. Lady on the phone said I had to order online, but said they usually only take a week. After ordering, I noticed the fine print on the site that said may take 4-6 weeks. Hmmm... anyone know how long it should take?

It is what it is, but I'd sure be happy if they came at least by Monday of next week.

I have ordered quite a few in the past. The ones I ordered last year took a day. I orderd 4 of them last week and it took 2 days.

#7 OFFLINE   jrodfoo

jrodfoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:30 PM

Yeah I ordered one last week and it came within 2 days.. you should be good to go.

#8 OFFLINE   StangGT909

StangGT909

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:11 AM

Alright then, it will be a Merry Christmas

#9 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,798 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 07:51 AM

Just as a note...

The NFL remote I bought over a year ago has been as solid a unit as I've owned to date. The remote not only looks nice, but has a good feel to it, and operates fast and reliably.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#10 OFFLINE   blaqhauq

blaqhauq

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:26 AM

I ordered a steelers remote on the 30th of November and got it December 2nd. One directv remote said out of stock for steelers remote but when I logged into my account and went to purchase remotes I selected NFL remotes and steelers was indeed in stock.

#11 OFFLINE   Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836

Godfather

• Registered
  • 431 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:38 AM

I ordered a steelers remote on the 30th of November and got it December 2nd. One directv remote said out of stock for steelers remote but when I logged into my account and went to purchase remotes I selected NFL remotes and steelers was indeed in stock.

I found the same exact thing. Got my nephews Stealers, and Cowboys remotes. Both listed as sold out. Logged on and they were both available.

#12 ONLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,718 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:04 AM

Contemplating retiring my "Giants" remote after watching Sunday's game. :rolleyes:

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#13 OFFLINE   zebra_lounge

zebra_lounge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:21 AM

Anyone want to make an order for me since my account won't let me check out for some reason? I can paypal you in advance and you can change the shipping address to me. I'll give someone a little extra $ to help me out. Just PM me. Thanks

#14 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:28 AM

Anyone want to make an order for me since my account won't let me check out for some reason? I can paypal you in advance and you can change the shipping address to me. I'll give someone a little extra $ to help me out. Just PM me. Thanks

Just call up DirecTV and order it over the phone.

- Merg

#15 OFFLINE   zebra_lounge

zebra_lounge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:44 AM

You can not do that:) I already tried. Trust me. You have to order online.

#16 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:46 AM

You can not do that:) I already tried. Trust me. You have to order online.

You can. You just might need to find the right CSR. :)

- Merg

#17 OFFLINE   zebra_lounge

zebra_lounge

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

I'm 0/10 so far maybe the 11th will be luckier?

#18 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,585 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:19 AM

I found the same exact thing. Got my nephews Stealers, and Cowboys remotes. Both listed as sold out. Logged on and they were both available.

Hey, now! My first favorite team, the one with Franco Harris, was honest—as far as NFL teams go, that is—so please don't call them thieves!
I've moved a few times, and adopted the local teams, so 25 years ago I was in 49er heaven. Games with the 'Boys were always hot, but man, have both teams been sucking wind for quite a while. Now I am in 49er hell. (rant over!)

The is the first I've heard of custom remotes, so thanks to all.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#19 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:31 AM

Just as a note...

The NFL remote I bought over a year ago has been as solid a unit as I've owned to date. The remote not only looks nice, but has a good feel to it, and operates fast and reliably.

I agree. My NFL Remotes are much more Solid Feeling and a little heavier than my regular remotes and it has a Backlight Button and works much better than my regular ones. Well worth the money.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#20 OFFLINE   Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836

Godfather

• Registered
  • 431 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:54 AM

[quote name='Laxguy']Hey, now! My first favorite team, the one with Franco Harris, was honest—as far as NFL teams go, that is—so please don't call them thieves!
I've moved a few times, and adopted the local teams, so 25 years ago I was in 49er heaven. Games with the 'Boys were always hot, but man, have both teams been sucking wind for quite a while. Now I am in 49er hell. (rant over!)

The is the first I've heard of custom remotes, so thanks to all.[/QUOT

Having been born and raised in NY, and being a Jet fan the Jet remote was my first. Then sticking with the NY theme I picked up a Giants remote. After a while I thought "what the hell " I'm living in Carolina now so I ought to have a Panthers remote as well.

It's about then that I lost my mind ! I have since picked up Eagles, Radiers, and Stealers, and am thinking of just collecting them all. In all I have bought over a dozen to give as gifts as well as keep for myself.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...