Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL Remotes

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,337 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:49 AM

Does the Jets remote have the white stripes and championship stats, etc that they show on the website? I ordered the Bills remote last year and it looked almost identical to the one shown on the website. The shade of blue is a bit darker, but it definitely looks blue.

It looks just like the one on the website except for the color. The two I have definitely look black. If you look at the one on the website you'll see a small Jets stick on label that is green, the same color as the rest of the remote. On mine the label is that green, but the remote is so dark that it looks black.

I just got off the phone with Retention and the CSR I talked to told me that they had never stopped selling the NFL remotes and that they had gotten permission to sell them from the NFL before they started offering them.

He gave me a credit to cover the cost of a new remote and I ordered it. I have little hope of getting one that looks anything like the one on the website, but it's worth a try.

As far as I'm concerned, this is just another example of how difficult it is to be a loyal Jets fan. Nothing ever goes right. Before the season started, I was moaning about the travails of being a Jets fan on a thread and several folks jumped up and told me how well they thought the Jets would do this year and how loaded with talent they are. Now, as I'm sure all of you know, they are poised, once again, to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. And rip another piece of my heart out. Sanchez has a "mild" shoulder injury and, as usual, there really isn't a Plan B.

By the way, I've been a Jets fan since they were the Titans. No joy. We could have had Vick for practically nothing and we end up with Sanchez, who seems doomed to be another QB failure. And no viable replacement for him. They'll probably make the playoffs just to prolong my agony, but the Super Bowl? Nah.

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

It looks just like the one on the website except for the color. The two I have definitely look black. If you look at the one on the website you'll see a small Jets stick on label that is green, the same color as the rest of the remote. On mine the label is that green, but the remote is so dark that it looks black.

Wonder if they were attempting to mimic this alternate jersey style.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#28 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,280 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

Wonder if they were attempting to mimic this alternate jersey style.

Link not working.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#29 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

Jersey Rich I have 8 different nfl remotes including the new york jets (usc fan?) and the dark green is green but way off the proper color. I would sue directv and the nfl. Or get some nail polish to match and paint the damn things. You must have 3 of them by now. You'll get one of them right. They are cool remotes for $20 and most have accurate team colors.

#30 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,269 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

Jersey Rich I have 8 different nfl remotes including the new york jets (usc fan?) and the dark green is green but way off the proper color. I would sue directv and the nfl. Or get some nail polish to match and paint the damn things. You must have 3 of them by now. You'll get one of them right. They are cool remotes for $20 and most have accurate team colors.

Really? For what? $20? :rolleyes:
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#31 OFFLINE   Clark143

Clark143

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

I thought the back was a bit on the slippery side and hard to grab. I put some cell phone grabber on the back to help hold it.

#32 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,337 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:56 AM

Link not working.

- Merg

Whewww, Thought it was my computer. Thanx.

Rich

#33 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,337 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:02 AM

I know I'm gonna get the same remote, but the Retention CSR was trying so hard to resolve the problem I went along with him. Just another part of being a Jets fan! Fortunately, I'm also a Yankees fan, so they kinda balance each other out. Now, if Cashman was the GM of the Jets, I'd bet we'd have Michael Vick (no, I don't care what ballplayers do off the field, all I see are good players) and we'd be the lock for the Super Bowl that every one but me thought we'd be.

Rich

#34 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,337 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:06 AM

Really? For what? $20? :rolleyes:

Must you change your avatar so often? :lol:

If I was gonna sue D* it would have been during the first few months of using HRs, that time has passed and I'm quite happy with D*. Never thought I'd be saying that back in '06, but there it is. I haven't paid for any of my Jets remotes, so I really can't get too upset about them. Just disappointed. And being a rabid Jets fan comes with disappointment each year. Joe Willie, where have you gone? :nono2:

Rich

#35 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:32 AM

Link not working.

Arrgh, I swear it was working earlier. Let's see if this image works...

Posted Image

(A couple years old, I realize, but who knows how long those "black" Jets remotes have been sitting around in the DirecTV warehouse?)
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#36 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,269 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

Must you change your avatar so often? :lol:

If I was gonna sue D* it would have been during the first few months of using HRs, that time has passed and I'm quite happy with D*. Never thought I'd be saying that back in '06, but there it is. I haven't paid for any of my Jets remotes, so I really can't get too upset about them. Just disappointed. And being a rabid Jets fan comes with disappointment each year. Joe Willie, where have you gone? :nono2:

Rich

I was one of those who tried telling you "how well (I) thought the Jets would do this year and how loaded with talent they are." :lol: Oops! Maybe they'll sign Vick this off-season?

I'll break out a Yankee avatar in a few months. I recently had a room redone in a Yankee theme...Blue & gray walls, Yankee figures, flag, framed photos, autographed Cano photo.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#37 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

(A couple years old, I realize, but who knows how long those "black" Jets remotes have been sitting around in the DirecTV warehouse?)

The link has always worked fine for me, but the image makes it easier to see.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#38 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,337 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

Posted Image

Picture the Jets logo on the black part of the uniform and you'll be looking at the color scheme of my two Jets remotes. If they were the green of the uniform shown, I would have been satisfied. I'd be willing to bet that the Jets remote is the only one with a misrepresented color scheme. We are cursed! Look on the D* website and you'll see what I mean.

Oddly, I was told by a PP CSR that the first remote might have been an old one and the next one I got would surely be the same as the website showed. Where would they get "old ones"? The torture continues...

Rich

#39 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,337 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:32 PM

I was one of those who tried telling you "how well (I) thought the Jets would do this year and how loaded with talent they are." :lol: Oops! Maybe they'll sign Vick this off-season?

They had their chance to sign Vick and blew it. Now he'll win the MVP award and we'll be stuck next year with Sanchez and his soon to be surgically repaired shoulder. This just gets worse and worse. Glad to see someone fessed up, thanx.

I'll break out a Yankee avatar in a few months. I recently had a room redone in a Yankee theme...Blue & gray walls, Yankee figures, flag, framed photos, autographed Cano photo.

I had my house resided a couple years ago and looked for pin striped siding. Couldn't find any. There's a hole that could be filled by an entrepreneur! Glad to see you're a Yankees' fan. Just think, Cashman almost traded Cano a short time ago. I've got a bunch of the Yankee figurines too. The Babe, Lou Gehrig, Jeter, The Mick (my personal favorite), Yogi, all the great Yankees. I've also got one figurine that isn't a Yankee, just the greatest Latino player of all time. I'd like to get a Showalter doll to stick pins in it. I still can see Coney out on the mound in the '95 playoffs pitching his heart out while Mariano and Wetteland sat in the bullpen. I got physically ill after that tragic game.

Rich

#40 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,337 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

Just got the Jets remote. Now I will open the box...same thing, dammit! The curse lives!!!

Rich

#41 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

Really? For what? $20?

I was just kidding but didn't feel like placing a smiley.

#42 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

I am ordering a few for friends and some gifts. I need the online system to work bc I can ship them directly.

I don't see a problem here..... you can order 50 remotes and ship them to 50 different addresses when calling by phone if you want.... I am sure you don't have that many, but you can do all you want over the phone.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#43 OFFLINE   StangGT909

StangGT909

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

Wow the remote I ordered earlier this week came in two days. That's crazy fast with free shipping. Should make a great x-mas present.

I like the colors on my remote, but I was surprised that it has such a glossy finish. It border lines on looking a little cheap, but I still think it's a fun novelty remote.

It came with a RF antenna, but my HR24 has one built in. I guess I'll use my old RF remote in my bedroom H24. Does the H24 have an antenna built in or will I have to use the external antenna?

#44 OFFLINE   Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836

Godfather

• Registered
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:18 PM

Wow the remote I ordered earlier this week came in two days. That's crazy fast with free shipping. Should make a great x-mas present.

I like the colors on my remote, but I was surprised that it has such a glossy finish. It border lines on looking a little cheap, but I still think it's a fun novelty remote.

It came with a RF antenna, but my HR24 has one built in. I guess I'll use my old RF remote in my bedroom H24. Does the H24 have an antenna built in or will I have to use the external antenna?

The H24 has it built in.

#45 OFFLINE   phillyunion

phillyunion

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:58 AM

Anyone want to sell a new or used Eagles remote or know where I can find one?

much appreciated!

#46 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:29 PM

much appreciated!

I just checked and I don't have that team. Now with Vick very hot. Sold out? Bummer. On hold with directv right now to get last week sunday ticket for free. They keep hanging up!:P

#47 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,337 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

much appreciated!

How about a Jets remote? I've got three of them. :lol:

Rich

#48 OFFLINE   kikkenit2

kikkenit2

Icon

• Registered
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

How about a Jets remote? I've got three of them. :lol:

Rich

Yea and the color matches Philly better.:lol:

#49 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,337 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

Yea and the color matches Philly better.:lol:

Naw, it still looks black. Woulda made a better Raiders remote.

Rich

#50 OFFLINE   Homebrew101

Homebrew101

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:08 PM

my Green Bay remote is flawed, they list the championship years on the back but only the last 9, underneath where the 1st three should be the battery cover is in the way and nothing is printed there

oh never mind - the rest of you won't run into this problem especially Viking fans :lol:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...