- Original Slimline dish. 4 wires buried underground from dish on pole 100’ to house. Standard multiswitch (4x8?) in basement.
- Two lines going to 2nd story bedroom with HR10-250
- Two lines going to 1st floor living rom with SD DirecTivo (Main TV viewing)
- Two lines going to basement HR20 (only occasional viewing there)
- Two spare lines running to basement TV areas only connected for special occasions (Football viewing parties, March Madness, where spare older receivers are connected)
- One external antenna on rooftop who’s wire comes into the basement at the same place where multiswitch is, but currently runs straight into the HR20.
Looking to upgrade to take advantage of some of DirecTVs newer features.
- On Demand (although the lack of major network channels makes this less of a big deal)
- Seeing pictures from my computer on the TV. This is big for me, I’m a photographer.
- SWM (Main reason for this is that one of the lines to the upstairs bedroom is flakey, so I only have single tuner enabled right now. It would also make the occasional extra basement receiver setup a little easier)
I am used to having DVRs on all TVs in the house. Have had it this way for 8 years.
- With MRV, any two HR2* or H2* receivers can share shows as long as one is the HDDVR, correct?
- With MRV, I know you can only watch from another DVR’s Playlist, but as long as you start it from the playlist you can watch live as it’s being recorded, right? Is there any delay?
- For connections to my network, I should be able to hard wire connections between my router and the first floor and basement receivers, but not to my 2nd floor bedroom.
- I just got a new HDTV and am thinking of getting an HD-DVR for the bedroom. I would like to put the LCDTV on the wall of a closet, and putting the HD-DVR behind the wall in the closet. Does the remote that comes with a new HD-DVR come with RF capability? Does it work just about as well as the normal IR?
- For viewing pictures on the TV, is all that is required for that to have an HD receiver connected to the network? Is the setup of this simple?
So, my idea is this: I don’t watch too much TV in the basement, so I would like to get an H2* HD receiver for there, get a new HD DVR for the new bedroom LCD, and move the HR20 to the living room. How much will it cost me to have D* do this with MRV and SWM?