Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Installer didn't take broken HR20 after replacement...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bag302

Bag302

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

After replacing a broken HR20, the installer left and didn't take the old unit with him.

What am I supposed to do with it?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

After replacing a broken HR20, the installer left and didn't take the old unit with him.

What am I supposed to do with it?

Thanks

Make sure you call DirecTV to have it removed from your account, just in case.... Ask em if they want it back, and if so.... tell em they can come pick it up. If they don't want to, take it to your next aggression therapy session. Also bring a baseball bat. ;)
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#3 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,479 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

Directv told me I needed to Replace my 2 HR10-250s at no cost to me and when they arrived I was told by Directv to keep my Legacy HR10-250s because they were of no use to Directv.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:14 PM

As suggested Call D* and they will send you a Fedex prepaid return shipping box.
"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#5 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,106 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

When I deactivated my HR20 several months ago, the Directv CSR said they didn't want it back and had changed my account to show it as owned, rather than leased. You should call and check (if they want it back, they will send you a box with prepaid Fedex lable.)

#6 OFFLINE   johns70

johns70

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

Directv told me I needed to Replace my 2 HR10-250s at no cost to me and when they arrived I was told by Directv to keep my Legacy HR10-250s because they were of no use to Directv.

The HR10-250s are of no use to anyone anymore. They don't work with the new HD satellites. They only ever worked with about 5-10 DIRECTV HD channels when they were useful.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...